Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.
View Poll Results: A poll
Radio Control Car Action
45.10%
RC Car Magazine (Hi Torque)
11.76%
Xtreme
15.69%
RC Driver
27.45%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Which RC magazine do you read.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 04:26 PM
infernos777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which RC magazine do you read.

I subscribe to RC Car and RC Driver. RCCA is nothing but a 'everything is great' catalogue and XRC is too immature for my tastes, plus their content has gotten worse.

RC Driver has a clean layout and I like their content. I can find them at nearly every newsstand in my area. I like their monthly boat reviews too, it's something different. I've subscribed for 2 years.

RC Car has gotten better in the last year, and their content is the best out of the magazines because I like real how-to's and no bull **** product reviews. This magazine used to suck but I've subscribed for about 6 months now.

What do you read?
Old 11-24-2006, 05:31 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Which RC magazine do you read.

I get all my information on line, as I am not going to pay for magazines that are more advertising then anything else. All so when they do a review do you think they well tell you there is something wrong with a product one of there advertising clients make. Rather get my reviews on forums like this and only value the experienced RCers opinions. What I would spend on the BS magazines I rather put in to my RC truck and cars no matter how much or little.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:58 PM
killbot420

Does that High torque RC Mag. have a web site? I've never heard of it.?.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:14 PM
infernos777

ORIGINAL: killbot420

Does that High torque RC Mag. have a web site? I've never heard of it.?.

http://www.rc-car.com

Maybe the hi torque part throws you off, it's just R/C Car magazine.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:19 PM
infernos777

ORIGINAL: 46u

I get all my information on line, as I am not going to pay for magazines that are more advertising then anything else. All so when they do a review do you think they well tell you there is something wrong with a product one of there advertising clients make. Rather get my reviews on forums like this and only value the experienced RCers opinions. What I would spend on the BS magazines I rather put in to my RC truck and cars no matter how much or little.
I think RC Car tells it like it is, and so does Xtreme most of the time. The funny thing about RCCA and RC Driver is that absolutely everything gets high scores on their stupid rating scales. RC Car and XRC will say if something sucks but XRCs 12-yr old humor gets old for me. I still buy RC Driver because at least they're mature.

Unless you think you know everything, the rc mags are cool for how-tos and project stuff. The car tests are cool because you get to see the details of the car before you buy it.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:34 PM
46u

And they all have more advertisement then anything else. I still feel I get more an better information off the net for free.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:42 PM
smaxx3.3

rc driver at least half of their mag is advertivement, rc car might have 1/16 if not less of ads in their mag. i have been subscribing for 2 years. i buy rc driver sometimes for the ads, get some websites that nobody has ever heard of and find some great deals
Old 11-24-2006, 10:56 PM
Dokioto

I subscribe to R/C Car. I like it because it isn't full of advertisements ( a little advertisements is great in my opinion), like some of the others which are full of them. R/C Driver is also a great magazine.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:18 PM
46u

Thanks I will check out RC Driver as I agree I like some advertising but not on every or every other page like the ones I have seen.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:58 PM
infernos777

RC Car has the most articles to advertisments ratio so you get more info per magazine. Just stay away from RCCA if you don't like catalogues and XRC if you don't want to feel like you're being treated like a 13yr old.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:07 AM
Smiff 24

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I take rcca and rc driver, It seems like with the car reviews, one mag will do one this month and the other will have it the next,
almost like a re-run. but I like those two the best. (wish I could take them all)
Old 11-25-2006, 11:29 AM
Seek and Destroy

I subscribe to xrc. I like there mags, and most of the stuff in it has been more helpful than any of the other mags I read. I also like rc driver, but don't really want to spend $20 more on a magazine when I could use it for other stuff. I hate rcca, I never really have liked it.... I don't know why.

How come xrc is like a quaterly thing instead of monthly?
Old 11-25-2006, 11:43 AM
andrewtexas123

I read MaxBashing!
Old 11-25-2006, 04:47 PM
DaveG55

Well, there may soon be fewer to read Air Age, parent company of RCCA looks like they will be homeless soon.

http://www.acorn-online.com/news/pub...le_10838.shtml

RCZ is deleting anything that even resembles anybody asking about what's going on.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:25 AM
-Inverted-

I enjoy magazines with lots of advertising, without it I wouldn't know about all the neat new stuff I can't afford...
Old 11-26-2006, 12:43 AM
46u

I just go to all the manufactures and the distributors web sites, which has a lot more information as far as on the products.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:07 PM
DerekBuono

ORIGINAL: infernos777

RC Car has the most articles to advertisments ratio so you get more info per magazine. Just stay away from RCCA if you don't like catalogues and XRC if you don't want to feel like you're being treated like a 13yr old.
Explain to me how you are treated like a 13 year old for reading our magazine? Sounds like you're making things up.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:13 PM
DerekBuono

ORIGINAL: rc18t145

I subscribe to xrc. I like there mags, and most of the stuff in it has been more helpful than any of the other mags I read. I also like rc driver, but don't really want to spend $20 more on a magazine when I could use it for other stuff. I hate rcca, I never really have liked it.... I don't know why.

How come xrc is like a quaterly thing instead of monthly?
Ummm our magazine comes out 12 times a year Are you only getting 4?

Also to address the advertising. EVERY magazine wants ads, the RC mags with less ads simply cannot get them. The ones with more get them because they are more popular. What the magazine does with the editorial content after is up to them. Some have 70% ad content (legal max to be called a magazine) we (XRC) have 50/50. So for ever new advertiser in the magazine there is another page of content.

And I always laugh when people complain about advertising in a small industry. It's how you see new stuff, and if I look at this page, it is littered with ads, even more than a magazine, and you can't just flip the page past them.

Nobody will like every magazine in an industry, but instead of listening to some kid on the internet which they like, go to a bookstore and read them, or subscribe (most have a bill me later, and you're first issue free) and decide for yourself.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:56 PM
Seek and Destroy

I know I have got more than 4, but it seems so slow inbetween each time I get them. Like I don't think I got one for october or november. MAybe you guys are just running a little behind, or I just haven't been getting them cause of the mail people are something. But it's by far my favorite mag, I really like the reviews you guys do. Are you guys going to do a review on the micro-t?
Old 11-26-2006, 04:24 PM
ry5no2

There arent any magazines near me in the UK, damn but i support 46u's ideas, why pay for less information than you can get online, but there is a certain novelty (i think) when reading magazines, you can look up all the celb news on the internet, but yet people probavly go out and buy magazines to read about in preference

I hope you understood that

Ryan
Old 11-26-2006, 09:23 PM
Seek and Destroy

I guess I am behind then because I have october, november, and december.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:19 PM
infernos777

ORIGINAL: DerekBuono

ORIGINAL: infernos777

Explain to me how you are treated like a 13 year old for reading our magazine? Sounds like you're making things up.
The dumb teen lockerroom humor all over the place, the inappropriate references, the trashy models that aren't even hot, it all looks like a really desperate attempt to be cool. That's where the 13 yr old thing comes in, any age past that you're not trying to convince the world you're the coolest. you said so yourself not every magazine is for every one and XRC isn't for me. I want to read about RC without the editors insisting that they're the coolest ever, who cares? Maxim and Stuff do the girl coverage 100x better and I do like girls so I read those mags when I want to see skin and I read RC Driver when I want to read about RC stuff.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:34 PM
secretsg

Little bit of each. Just depends who has the best articles for that month. XRC has the most race oriented stuff but it doesn't cover the whole spectrum of the hobby. RC Driver covers a lot of different stuff and has good info but the reviews never points out blatant problems in the products. Car action goes hot and cold. Good reviews one month, useless stuff the next. I currently subscribe to RC-CAR because of the digital issues. I'm on the road a lot and since I can just read it on my laptop it's just easier. Not to mention cheaper since I live in Canada.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:37 AM
paintstikker

I have three of those, and well, some are better than others. Personally, I prefer the magazine because my dial is up to too slow to do research(most of the time)!!! I also like a little something to look at once in awhile. I just wish that they would come maybe one a week, not all at one time a month ahead, lol. I like RC Driver because they cover different things, RC Car magazine since thye have some good thigns as well, as long as RC Control Action because their magazine is a bit larger...

Besides, Im not patient enough to watch a screen take forever to load, and magazines are good for the field, or when youre building, so you might not have to go to a computer.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:33 PM
DerekBuono

Your magazine should roughy be there every 30 days. We don't run behind on anything. If you miss an issue you can call our subscription service number (located in the magazine on the contents page in the "mast head"

It's 1.800.406.4288

If you miss an issue, or have trouble getting it they will help you. If you miss an issue, most of the time they resend one, and extend the subscription a month

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.