Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
 HELP WIT TORNADO BB AND WHAT IS A KIT >

HELP WIT TORNADO BB AND WHAT IS A KIT

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

HELP WIT TORNADO BB AND WHAT IS A KIT

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP WIT TORNADO BB AND WHAT IS A KIT

how do KITS work i mean do u get a box with a **** load of pieces u got to put together and a radio and servos and an engine??? im really confused on wat/how a kit works im getting a tornado bb RTR for christmas and due to the fact of reading a recent post im gettin kind of nervouse because they said its a piece of crap and will fall apart after two tanks, so mabye u can tell me how kit works and tell me wat to do to keep the car together =(
Old 12-20-2006, 05:44 PM

Default RE: HELP WIT TORNADO BB AND WHAT IS A KIT

A kit is a rolling chassis of the car with nothing else, maybe extra carbon fibre or aluminium upgrades, but you have to buy your own engine servos and radio gear. Pro and enthusiasts get these because it means you can fully customise your "viechle" and make it the best you can afford, it comes out more expensive but this is because yo uare gettin USUALLY all around better stuff, which means longer lasting more options, and better performace, a good rtr comes for about 300 quid (1/8 buggy) but a kit brand new your looking at about 800 quid, for decent stuff

BUT you get what you pay for

Ryan
Old 12-20-2006, 05:48 PM

i guess so, but wat should i do about the tornado bb rtr??
Old 12-20-2006, 05:58 PM

Im SURE it will be a good first? buggy and will be quite reliable, just to get you into the hobby.
It isnt only redcat racing cars that you have to make sure the screws are tightened out of the box you do it with all, and locktite em.

Ryan
Old 12-20-2006, 06:38 PM

ok im gonna tighten all the screws and BLUE or RED locktite ????
Old 12-21-2006, 05:22 AM

Whats the difference, i only ever use red, im guessing one id for plastic or alike and the other is for metal

Ryan, get someone elses advice i havent a clue, lol
Old 12-21-2006, 05:31 AM

red is permenent and blue is not.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:47 AM

Ok I have the tornado xp and yes your going to have some probs with your buggy. Some of use have found alot of compatible parts to go on our buggies. The first thing is your going to have to get a new clutch spring the stock one is junk. I use Traxxas 4146x, next thing is a 2 speed clutch bell. Just because you will strip a lot of gears with the stock one, very weak. The HPI clutch bell is what your going to use #86039 :[link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=001135084&I=LXCLR2&P=K[/link]
#76977 :[link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=001135084&I=LXDHM0&P=K[/link]
#76982: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...4&I=LXCLR9&P=K
This clutch bell is a direct fit. I use it and have not stripped any gears since the switch. If you have any more ? feel free to ask and you should visit the redcat racing forum. The guys there are great and are very helpful. I really think once you get your buggy running your going to like it. Good luck and have Fun!!! Greg

Traxxas 4146x [link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVSEARCH=4146x&FVPROFIL=++&search3=Go[/link
MIP#3072 replacement clutch (cheaper alternative) [link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXUR89&P=7[/link]
Old 12-21-2006, 11:52 AM

do i need both of those pinion gears? or just one??
Old 12-21-2006, 11:56 AM

are u shure these parts dont fit the tornado xp and not the bb??
Old 12-21-2006, 05:18 PM

I think you need to reword that, i dont under stand

If I want to use threadlock, should i use the permanent or non permanent stuff, because i was recently taking apart a used engine and it was EXTREMELY hard to get the screws out of the cooling head/block, I BENT MY ALAN KEY, and hurt my fingers a lot, AND the alan key set is top notch. will that be red or blue and which one to use.

Thanks and sorry if im going off topic, i just want to know quick so that i can get some tomorrow before the shops all shut

Ryan
Old 12-21-2006, 05:53 PM

No need to say sorry. We all are in the hobby together bro. Use the blue locktite it is the non-permanent. Don't use the red.
It sounds like to me u used the red locktite.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:02 PM

I guess I should of ask if you had the single speed or the two speed transmission. The set up I gave you above is for a 2 speed transmission.
The tornado bb is just Redcat's Tornado xp with some of the hop-ups. I thought all Tornado bb's came with a 2 speed trans.
But if you have the 2 speed then yes you need both pinion gears.
If you have a single speed I will have to do some searching for you to get a better clutch bell for you. i think the single speeds are pretty solid though.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:05 PM

Here is a cluthc bell that is a direct fit for the single speeds. [link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLST9&P=7[/link]
I hope this helps. Please let me know what you have single or 2 speed.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:10 PM

It wasnt my engine, well it is now but not when it must have been LOKTITED EXTREMELY, well im sre itll be ok, so blue cause im going out tomorrow to get it

Thanks

Ryan
Old 12-21-2006, 07:14 PM

yea it is a two speed so i'll order them both after christmas when i get about $30
Old 12-21-2006, 09:25 PM

Just a reminder to get the Traxxas clutch spring also. The # on that is 4146x it is a very good spring.[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0095P?FVSEARCH=4146x&FVPROFIL=++&search3=Go]traxxas 4146x[/link] you can not use the clutch shoes though they are not big enough.

If you want to buy a real good clutch shoe that is a direct fit and you don't have to use the e-clips that come with your clutch shoes. It will come with a very good spring also. It is the HPI race clutch, Part # A885. This will work very well with the HPI clutch bell and pinion gears . Here is a link to that part,[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVSEARCH=a885&FVPROFIL=++&search3=Go]HPI A885[/link] I really hope this helps you out. It did me.