Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Which out of these should i get as my next fuel?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Which out of these should i get as my next fuel?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 05:49 PM
ry5no2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which out of these should i get as my next fuel?

My current fuel is modeltechnics duraglo 10% (click glow fuels)

http://www.modeltechnics.com/

i was thinking that this seems a little cheap, and which fuel i should go with next after the break in with this.

Is the model technics stuff fine to carry on with, or should i choose from these

http://www.storacingproducts.com/rc-...s/50/index.htm

Or if there are any other fuels which should i go with for an equal lifetime and performance balance

Ryan
Old 12-21-2006, 05:51 PM
cotton_eye_joe92

Default RE: Which out of these should i get as my next fuel?

I'd get O'donnells. I've never had it, as they don't sell it at my 'local' hobby shop, but I've only read good things about it.

I haven't heard of those other fuels either.

-Joe
Old 12-21-2006, 05:54 PM
tmaxx-drifter

i run only traxxas topfuel 20% best thing out there
Old 12-21-2006, 06:00 PM
cotton_eye_joe92

^have you tried other fuels? If not, how do you know it's the 'best thing out there'? Not trying to start a fight, but just saying.

I used to run Sidewinder, then I switched to Nitrotane. I wish I wouldn't have done that...

O'donnells might be a pretty good fuel. I've never tried it, but according to others' thoughts, it's really good. I wish I could try it...[&o]

-Joe
Old 12-21-2006, 06:04 PM
ry5no2

My LHS only sell model technics, an it seems as though its really aimed at flyer reading the website, as the lowest oil % is 10 i think. I was just wondering, because i want to make sure i get the best out of my engine.

Thanks

Ryan
Old 12-21-2006, 06:41 PM
ssj2

Usually with fuel, you have to experiment within the recommended oil blend (so that you don't screw with the one-way bearing) and see how your engine runs with each fuel brand. Or you can check what the manufacturer of the engine recommends. [&:]
Old 12-21-2006, 07:36 PM
125cchyperman

ORIGINAL: tmaxx-drifter

i run only traxxas topfuel 20% best thing out there
Thats your opinion. Usually fuels with higher oil contents cause a lot of OWB issues and thats what I had problems with. O'Donell and Trinity fuels are pretty good and I never had a problem with either of them. But I stoped using Trinity because of my LHS stoped oredering it so I switched.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:54 PM
KillerKiwi
Banned

I use O'donnells 20% It's definitely the best thing out there but also the most expensive. At a little over $30 per gallon you definitely get what you pay for. It can turn a 5 gallon engine into a 10 gallon engine. It uses full synthetic oil instead of castor bean extract like everyone else (synthetic is much better, even in real cars).

The more you pay the more you get! Pay $1 for a cheeseburger and it will be a Mcdonalds 6 oz drysaltyturdburger, pay $15 for a cheeseburger and it will weigh 5 lbs, come with bacon and 2 quarts of coke. The same pattern is evident in everything else including nitro fuel.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:43 PM
paintstikker

Just dont get the RTR blend from O'donnell, Ive heard it has too much oil content or something, the RACE blend is great though.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:46 AM
ry5no2

Ok, thanks for the advice, it looks like odonnel (if i can afford it, lol) oh yeah what is OWB, is it something to do with tuning

Thanks

Ryan
Old 12-22-2006, 09:09 AM
bigbadbowtie

ORIGINAL: KillerKiwi

I use O'donnells 20% It's definitely the best thing out there but also the most expensive. At a little over $30 per gallon you definitely get what you pay for. It can turn a 5 gallon engine into a 10 gallon engine. It uses full synthetic oil instead of castor bean extract like everyone else (synthetic is much better, even in real cars).

The more you pay the more you get! Pay $1 for a cheeseburger and it will be a Mcdonalds 6 oz drysaltyturdburger, pay $15 for a cheeseburger and it will weigh 5 lbs, come with bacon and 2 quarts of coke. The same pattern is evident in everything else including nitro fuel.

You have proof its all synthetic??? Most ALL ground based fuels use a castor,synthetic blend. Castor has its place just like synthetic.
As far as it being THE best... thats an opinion. As far as price.... its one of the cheaper fuels here.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:59 AM
125cchyperman

Castor does have it's place in fuel, but there is an argument of where it actually starts to work. Some say it gives better lubrication for the higher rpm's and some say it gives better lubrication on the bottom end of the rpm range. Yes whenever somebody says "THE BEST" it's an opinion and not fact so you probably should say thats it's your opinion.

As for the price it all depends where your at, O'Donell here where I live happens to be about $25 a gallon which is very competitive price with other good fuels. It also depends on the availability of the fuel at the store, at the distribution place or just in general at the time along with the consumer's demand for that particular fuel. There's a lot of things that has to do with the price of things. Thats why Traxxas and Blue thunder fuel's are dirt cheap at my LHS. I once seen a gallon of Blue thunder market for $18, now thats cheap.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:43 PM
ry5no2

well, the fuel im on at the mo, it works, and its about 14 quid for a gallon of 10 %

remember english economy, its ****.

I think that work out about 26 - 28 dollars, in america

And about 35-37 in AUD

Thanks

Ryan