Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Post your RS4 RTR3 Pics and fastest speeds

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Post your RS4 RTR3 Pics and fastest speeds

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 09:47 AM
nai_698814

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Post your RS4 RTR3 Pics and fastest speeds

hey hybrid i actually had an idea about a car club and was actually talkin to jon and to some other guys about startin it. i already know someone who could do the decals. im tryin the decals out myself, supposed to have the team name by next week. too bad u guys are in the states though. i mean its always nicer to work on ur car with a group of buddies right instead of workin on it yourself. that way everyone helps each other. give me about a week and a half and i would be able to get the club more organized. hey jon, just sit back man, let me handle it first then i'd invite/get u in if u want. the only thing is if i was to run this club/team thing with some people i don't know if i should go hpi rs4 only or general 1/10 scale nitro car. the reason im thinkin about this is because i have some friends that do have ofnas and yokomos and tamiyas and stuff. plus i don't know if i'd invite truck guys in cause it kinda pisses me off sometimes when i see them runnin their trucks on the snow and rugged stuff and i could only run my car on flat surfaces.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:19 PM
jonsmilez

yo nice lotus man, i like the purple lotus cuz it also matches the rs4 style ... lol.. and thx.. yeah i like my m3 gtr, and yeah im probably gunna get a new m3 gtr and was planning on dong the same style... from the nfsmw.. that would be sick... but i would use that 1 as show car.... lol...
Old 02-06-2007, 02:22 PM
jonsmilez

and yeah.. haha.. thats y i was laguhing, cuz that was ur idea, then he kinda said it.. like u werent the only 1 thinking it.. and yeah my boss from work prints out stickers if u need, but only cut outs.. its tricky but fun... and as 4 the community i say we all focus on the hpi rs4, then have like some yokomo and other 1/10.. and NO trucks... "just 1/10 CARS, and MAINLY focus on HPI RS4's!!!"... thats my oppinion..
Old 02-06-2007, 03:42 PM
iexion

Im just sayin street cars. or "rc tuners" this way any street cars whould be welcome but would need to have something hpi?

OH and as far as drifting with PVC dont bother. i still have the " drift tires" ( pcv) from my elct car years ago. hpi is the only i can think of that has drift tires that are made from rubber. Altho its harder rubber, it will give better traction. If you have an elct then the pvc will work but not for nitro. I've tried and it just spins. even barely tuching the gas it wont work[:-]
Old 02-06-2007, 06:48 PM
jonsmilez

maybe u guys can help me.... i made a post already, but ill put it here since u guys have the car....

"hey guys, its been a month since ive ran my rs4 evo 3 , then i got some new batteries popped em in and started her up... but now i cant get into 2nd gear... and ive tried adjusting the 2nd gear from underneath the chasis with the allen key.. hpi reccommends around 3 turns out. ive tried 3, 4, and even 5 turns out, it still wont switch into 2nd gear, do u knwo if maybe its my 2 speed transmiter, or any suggestions what 2 check? how 2 check? how to test what it is? or anything? like it doesnt make any sense 2 me , really strange:S...anything u guys can say 2 help would b appreciated... thx "
Old 02-07-2007, 04:38 AM
iexion

A Transmitter (TX) wont have anything to do with the car shifting into 2nd

(Skip this step only if your 100% sure nothing is wrong with the trans)
Ok first off, just to make sure, take out the trans and take it apart, then rebuild it. This way ur making sure nothing is broken or missing.
Note: What the manual says the trans needs, make sure the parts are there

When the trans is rebuilt set the screw so its at 3 turns and put it back into the car and get the car ready to run.
Now when the engine is running be careful not to hurt yourself but lift the car(using the middle brace with the body off) and give it some gas. ONLY DO THIS FOR A SHORT TIME SO U DONT OVER HEAT THE ENGINE!!! but rev it almost up to its highest point. And if you dont hear it shift (you'll know when it shifts) then losen the screw. Other wise theres a chance that it might be shifting too early but i dought it. Also make sure your using the black sping the comes with the kit.

Another thing to pay attention to, if the engine isnt tuned correctly, its not going to make the power it needs to shift into 2nd. altho it may sound like it has the power, it might not be fully tuned
Old 02-07-2007, 12:27 PM
jonsmilez

thank you and thank you.. i will try and see what happens!!!
Old 02-07-2007, 12:36 PM
thunderbirdlver

you guys have some great cars! but as for radaring, do what we did! wally world has the hotwheels radar gun for 30 bucks. it has full scale and 1:64 scale. it seems accurate. we tried it on my ofna but all i could get was 36 mph. im hoping it was because it was cold. anyway you have to make sure you are low when using it on r/c cars. we are gonna get my buddy's tmaxx, and dragster runnin, well and my 4tec. then we will see how fast they all go. well, after the temp gets passed 12.
again awesome cars guys. i realy liked the lights and the booze.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:41 PM
jonsmilez

[X(] i radar gun 4 30 bux... no way... whats wally worl man, cuz ill pick 2 up, thats cheap... is wally world a hobby store in ur area? do they have a site? never heard of em b4... thxxx
Old 02-07-2007, 12:51 PM
thunderbirdlver

haha i call wal-mart wally world. but if you actually buy one remember to stay low. if you are standing you will not pick up r/c speed. also you can do cars and stuff. it can only go up to 100 mph full scale. but we were in a sheetz parking lot and i was catching speeds of cars. fastest was 13! it can catch the speeds of things coming twards you or going away from you. hold the trigger and watch the display. then when you let off the trigger, it shows you the top speed it recorded. it really is pretty neat.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:34 PM
jonsmilez

yeah, that is pretty neat, im actually thining of getting 1... jsut the only thing is my car is screwed up right now.. it wont go into 2nd gear.. and other thing is it is F^#$% winter in toronto, canada ... but im gunna look around wal mart and see if i can grab 1.. thx alot budddaayyyy
Old 02-07-2007, 04:48 PM
jonsmilez

I FOUND ITTTTTT :
HOT WHEELS radar gun. 30 bux... thats sick...

http://www.walmartcanada.ca/wps-port...categoryId=29#

thk yu thunderbird
Old 02-07-2007, 05:16 PM
thunderbirdlver

hey no problem guys. those things are a lot of fun. we hit 3 mph on one of those 3 wheeled electric carts for old and disabled people. wayner broke his foot and had to use it for a whole summer.
but i am really interested in the numbers you guys get
Old 02-07-2007, 06:06 PM
iexion

HAHAhahahahahahhaaha. think i might have to get one two.. i remember when hotwheels had that on TV. it was 1st a deal when you spent over 30$ on hot wheels stuff, you send in the bar codes plus shipping and you would get a radar gun for free i think it was, but now they just sell them.

Sorry street fans but im looking at a savage or firestom. you cant beat being able to go up and down stairs and thru grass, snow, mud, dirt, and rocks like nothin. maybe even sell my car to get something else [X(]
Old 02-07-2007, 06:08 PM
jonsmilez

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO

iexion
Old 02-07-2007, 06:12 PM
iexion

It sucks here. theres no where to drive my car. its more truck country around here then anything [:@]
i dunno im gonna have to think about it[&o]
Old 02-07-2007, 06:28 PM
iexion

* thinks * NAAA i dont know what the hell was i thinking, Im keeping my F****ng car unless a REALLLLY good deal comes along. But im going to check ebay for a savage and check the ads here for one.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:36 PM
jonsmilez

SPEED IS THE BEST man, nothing compares 2 it... but i guess if theres no place 2 run.. well then ur kinda fukt or in a hole... ... but i jsut want 2 fix my rs4, and the winter 2 go away!
Old 02-08-2007, 09:02 AM
nai_698814

hahaha i hear u man
Old 02-08-2007, 01:29 PM
The Hybrid

What up guys? Yeah I bought a Testors decal making kit when I use to do custom HotWheels, but the kit was made for models not HW's so I think they would work great for our cars....Lets think of a name and a logo...LMK what you guys think ASAP....
Old 02-08-2007, 04:52 PM
iexion

"Big toe Rc" ?!?!?! ahhahaha i duno "street tuned 101"? i can think of 1000 names and odd names... so lets get an idea of what it should sound like
Old 02-08-2007, 08:46 PM
The Hybrid

I like "Street Tuned 101" sound like a radio station...lol Keep em comin... Team RS4? That sounds to factory thow dont you think? IDK...
Old 02-08-2007, 10:58 PM
iexion

Which brings to mind. Out of all the people who post and repost here... NO ONE has a nitro rs4 or rs4 2... yyou know some of the olders rs4's. I like the name "Team rs4" to but that seems like it might have been taken. It seems like maybe the guys who work at hpi have that name already since its there company. So i like the name but has it been taken?
Old 02-08-2007, 11:56 PM
jonsmilez

yeah, i liek the name 2... BUT its 2 plain and like HPI... lets go with something originall like "small cars, BIG DICKS"... !!!! LMAOOOOO... but yeah... oh... p.s... i did my first upgrade!! an AIR FILTER!!! a BIG butt one.. liek ive been looking 4 ... here a pic...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11719.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	616929   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg18067.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	616930  
Old 02-09-2007, 12:12 AM
DeadManWalkin

2007 ELEANOR. It's not done yet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.