Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

STS D30M & STS 0702 PIPE ON SAVAGE

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 05:23 PM
SETTLES43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STS D30M & STS 0702 PIPE ON SAVAGE

i have a savage ss,I put a D30M and STS 0702 pipe on it and I am currently breaking it in. My question/problem is the pipe has burned a hole in the shock body. I dont see an easy fix for this, does anyone have any advice for me? supertib? anyone? I guess i could do the LST shock swap ...is this the only fix?
Old 04-21-2007, 11:31 PM
arisking

Default RE: STS D30M & STS 0702 PIPE ON SAVAGE

You will need to not run that shock, get LSTs or get an ext. chassis.

-Josh-
Old 05-14-2007, 09:33 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Default RE: STS D30M & STS 0702 PIPE ON SAVAGE

The STS 0702 exhaust system is a left side exhaust. You will need to modify it so it can be mounted on the right side and fit properly on the Savage.

To do this, dismount the D30M and the pipe and header from the Savage. Mount the 0702 on the left side like it is supposed to be. Look at that angle.
Now, take of the pullstart/rotostart.
Put the 0702 header back on and turn it to the right so that it is at the same angle as it was on the left side. Mark the portion of the disk of the header that should be flat when the header is on the right side at the proper angle. This is where you need to file down flat to fit the right side.

Also, get a hobby drill set (the very small bits) and hobby drill bit holder. You will need to drill new holes on the header disk so the feader springs will mount on properly.