Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

revo 3.3 vs. losy muggy

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 01:54 PM
c_hochhalter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo 3.3 vs. losy muggy

which truck is better for bashing and racing?
Old 04-21-2007, 02:41 PM
cheech4

Default RE: revo 3.3 vs. losy muggy

bashing= revo, racing= muggy
Old 04-22-2007, 04:29 AM
nitro _ burner

Apples and Oranges my friend, two completely different types of cars made for two different purposes.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:52 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Personally if all I was doing were bashing I would not get either of those! I would get the Savage X SS.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:41 AM
Matt_M

Personally, and while I might take some dirt on this one, I would stay away from Traxxas.

Just an opinion, but it is the opinion of I and too many I know for it not to mean anything.

A Losi will hold up incredibly well if you can save it halfway on bad landings from big heights (I.E., throttle brake control). I've learned, some landings will simply break the given part it must, no matter the vehicle. Just remember that.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:13 AM
cheech4

the revo and savage are the best bashers out there period, but he was asking about those 2, and out of those 2 originally i said the revo for bashing the muggy for racing. lets not try to change the thread by throwing in the savage. im sure he has done research.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:33 PM
s7jstep1

ORIGINAL: Matt_M

Personally, and while I might take some dirt on this one, I would stay away from Traxxas.

Just an opinion, but it is the opinion of I and too many I know for it not to mean anything.

A Losi will hold up incredibly well if you can save it halfway on bad landings from big heights (I.E., throttle brake control). I've learned, some landings will simply break the given part it must, no matter the vehicle. Just remember that.
just wondering, why do so many people dislike traxxas. i would vote for the revo 3.3 because my 2.5 is a good basher and if you decide to race, you could just lower it.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:30 AM
PENGUINBLASTER!!!

The Revo is too plasticy and cheap, I wouldn't buy it for racing or bashing, they should call it a Tyco instead. Buy an MBX5T!
Old 04-29-2007, 11:10 AM
ssj2

The Revo is too plasticy and cheap, I wouldn't buy it for racing or bashing, they should call it a Tyco instead. Buy an MBX5T!
And the Revo won how many championships in racing with Slayden? Hmmm... The so-called "plasticy" and "cheap" truck has quite a reputation now does it? Also, having how many owners?
As for the topic, I would also say that you're comparing two different types of truck, you have the Revo as an MT and the Muggy as a truggy. Two different classes in the racing scene. However, for bashing I would say get the Revo and get the Revo if you plan to race a little bit. It will handle both jobs well IMO. The Muggy, I would get it if you're a hardcore racer. That's just my take on it.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:27 AM
cheech4

thats kinda what i have been saying but a little bit scaled down, lol
Old 04-29-2007, 11:37 AM
KillerJato

Two different breeds here, both of which are excellent in there own classes. You will have to decide which class you will want to be in for racing or if you are just bashing. Head to Head on the same track with equal racers the muggy would come out on top, because it is meant to race, and remember these are two different class trucks and suited for racing differently.

For bashing the Revo 3.3 is the cream of the crop here. It is tough, durable, powerful, reliable and will last forever. I have never broke my Revo 3.3. I have hit to many things, trees, curbs, mailboxes, etc many times at high speed. For anyone to tell this truck is cheap, plasticy, or a tyco none of which is true. The Muggy i am sure would be a good basher, you will have to buy a new clutch asap for bashing or racing thou.

Overall i would get the Revo cause it is a hell of a basher and a and a great racer in it's own class.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:34 PM
flow41

the muggy its just another piece of junk by losi i rather get a ****ty smartech than a losi revo 3.3 is a lot better in racing and bashing its just tough as it gets.

savage x ss = JUNK BY HPI as all hpi products

Losi = crappy products low quality stuff

TRAXXAS = THE BEST
Old 04-30-2007, 03:29 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: flow41

the muggy its just another piece of junk by losi i rather get a ****ty smartech than a losi revo 3.3 is a lot better in racing and bashing its just tough as it gets.

TRAXXAS = THE BEST
traxxas makes really good strong stuff, but please dont call the basher of all bashers junk, the savage is an awsom truck and so is HPI as a company.

LOSI= low quality = you are nuts if you really think that, losi makes very high quality stuff, and is world renown for making quality stuff and time and time again winning championships in every single class of RC that they make.

TRAXXAS= the best = thats your opinion among others = its not my opinion, i dont feel that there the best, good cars and trucks very durable but thats pretty much it with some few acceptions.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:32 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

TRAXXAS = THE BEST
This again spouting his BS everywhere and obvisouly know NOTHING about anything. Disregard everything he says!

Like some have stated, two different vechicles, muggy and a monster truck. Racing goes to the muggy, and bashing/racing would go to the Revo.
It all depends on what you want to do with it, and what type of vechicle you want, you need to narrow it down to MT or truggy before you decide which truck. An LST2 is an awesome racer/basher MT ! GST 7.7 is an AWESOME MT, not much of a racer, but it'll bash with a Savage anyday and their fast!
Old 04-30-2007, 03:34 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well said, FLOW seems like a troll who knows NOTHING and just spouts off at the mouth because he probably owns a revo and thats the only RC he has.
ORIGINAL: cheech4

TRAXXAS = THE BEST
traxxas makes really good strong stuff, but please dont call the basher of all bashers junk, the savage is an awsom truck and so is HPI as a company.

LOSI= low quality = you are nuts if you really think that, losi makes very high quality stuff, and is world renown for making quality stuff and time and time again winning championships in every single class of RC that they make.

TRAXXAS= the best = thats your opinion among others = its not my opinion, i dont feel that there the best, good cars and trucks very durable but thats pretty much it with some few acceptions.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:52 PM
alvinm

Man I had all kinds of problems with my lst, I would be leary of another Losi.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:51 PM
PENGUINBLASTER!!!

TRAXXAS = THE BEST

Free Traxxas parts!
Old 05-02-2007, 03:17 PM
alvinm

LOL!
Old 05-02-2007, 03:18 PM
SpikeX

ORIGINAL: 46u

Personally if all I was doing were bashing I would not get either of those! I would get the Savage X SS.
I second that.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:48 PM
sloppyG

ORIGINAL: PENGUINBLASTER!!!

TRAXXAS = THE BEST

Free Traxxas parts!
yeah because an AE or losi would look way better after running into a curb at 30
Old 05-03-2007, 10:20 PM
PENGUINBLASTER!!!

Traxxas is crapxas.