Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Whats the difference?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 02:22 AM
Ciny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the difference?

I'm looking at buying a pressie for my fiance'. I was wondering if the only major difference between the RS4 3evo and the RS4 3evo+ is the engine? The only 1 i can get hold of in my area is the RS4 3evo, and even thats in a short supply.

If any1 can tell me what if any of the other differences between the 2 cars are it would help alot.

Thanks

Old 04-22-2007, 03:02 AM
SFC K

Default RE: Whats the difference?

You are right, the engine is the difference. The + gets the T3.0 which is a better motor then the T15FE. You are talking about the RTR version right? It gains a huge boost in power with the T3.0.

I hope this helps….
Old 04-22-2007, 03:14 AM
SFC K

[link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXRSJ1**&P=ML[/link]

Take a look at this link. It has the technotes for the RS4 3 EVO+. You could order from TH if you dont like the other kit. I have had good luck with shipping too Iraq from them. When you search for the none plus version on TH they show it is discontinued...

Go with the RS4 3 EVO+ if you can have it shipped to you.

Good luck....
Old 04-23-2007, 08:22 PM
HeLLsGoD

Personally id go with the 18ss+ kit dude, youll have alot more fun building it and its so easy. Plus later on you will so regret getting the RTR version.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:26 PM
nitro_man

wow lol u guys dont no alot about the new t3.0 its a .18 the same as the 18ss exaped beter and cheaper
Old 04-25-2007, 07:33 AM
thedub88

ORIGINAL: nitro_man

wow lol u guys dont no alot about the new t3.0 its a .18 the same as the 18ss exaped beter and cheaper

Not true, the engine they have in the original .18ss has only 1.5 hp and the one in the .18ss+ is 2.2 hp
Old 05-16-2007, 01:48 AM
phoenix_stu

ORIGINAL: thedub88

Not true, the engine they have in the original .18ss has only 1.5 hp and the one in the .18ss+ is 2.2 hp

So can you tell me that which is better? The 18ss+ with 2.2hp and the T3.0(evo+) 2.2hp. I am waiting to buy one of the new Spektrums when the are ever back in stock again soooo. I was thinking that with the 18ss+ and the evo's T3.0, being that there is only 30$ difference here in Japan. Would I be going the wrong direction by getting the Evo+? And I wanted to run it now. and I cant get 2 servos and a receiver for the 30$ difference.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:52 AM
Nitro212

man.. don't get that RTR RS4 Evo i was gonna get it but i went for the 18SS and it pwnz with the stock engine and the parts are more stronger besides ull learn more building the car then buying it built cuz eventually u will need to replace parts so..
Old 05-16-2007, 01:32 PM
420Speedster

Wow, lol, you dont know much about spelling or punctuation do you? By the way your wrong anyways.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:29 PM
Nitro212

hmm idk bout that engine, i do know the 18ss kick ***** besides eventually end up upgradign to an OS 18 or similar liek i did
Old 05-17-2007, 03:14 AM
iexion

ok the new engine going into the evo+ is the T3.0, which is going to be over two HP and the 18SS+ is going to be the same engine they have in the 18ss now. BUT being a new engine they are not on the market yet so i dought you'll be able to get one anyways. aside from that just get the **OS .18 CVR** for like $100 bucks. And the engine will have more then enough power the get the job done so don't bugg so much on new engines that arnt on the market yet anyways. till they put those engines on the market you wont be able to get them outside of a RTR kit. also they will need to have spare parts on the market to. doesnt seem like they even ARE going to sell the engines by them selves