Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RS4 2 Options for Upgrading..

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 10:03 PM
rocky_2387

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS4 2 Options for Upgrading..

Hey there i recently bought a RS4 2 last fall and i got around to some money to upgrade so i got a 2 speed tranny, tuned pipe, and some costmetic upgrades... I bought some drift tires to see how they perform, and a new body... So i heard that buying alloy parts isnt a good idead caus they bend and dont absorb impact like the nylon plastic parts... I presume a new motor would make it faster of course and new tires but does anyone have any ideas what else???
Old 04-24-2007, 02:23 AM
iexion

Default RE: RS4 2 Options for Upgrading..

change the gearing to 19x23 (red) clutch gearing and 45x41 trans gearing if you want more speed. all a more powerful engine will do is get you to your gearing limit faster. not saying a more power is a bad thing.. in fact its like the american way to do anything.
But on the alum parts. some parts is fine to have but not alot of parts. the hole thing about taking the inpact is true in a since but there are some parts that wouldnt hurt to be up graded
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95972.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	671160   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37354.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	671161  
Old 04-24-2007, 09:51 AM
rocky_2387

Do you have a site that shows the Gearing for the tranny and clutch that you were talking about caus i cant find it on hpi and roughly how much that would boost ur speed if its really worth it??
Old 04-24-2007, 10:05 AM
rocky_2387

Oh wait i found the website these parts are for the Rs4 3 but it's all pretty much compatible... Now is the gearing tooth numbers the best to use that u said or shuld u use the higher ones ??

http://www.hpieurope.com/options.php?lang=en&partNo=441
Old 04-24-2007, 10:19 AM
rocky_2387

Also the transmission i got came with a 47/43 and a 18/22 gearing...
Old 04-24-2007, 05:14 PM
iexion

yeah thats the stock gearing ratio. the main thing to remember is the HIGHER the CLUTCH gearing the HIGHER the top speed (BUT it will accell slower a bit. you wont even be able to tell).

and the LOWER the TRANSMISSION gears are the HIGHER the the top speed will be
(but much like the clutch, you lose a bit of accel speed but gain higher top speed).

So this is why when i said go to 41x45 trans gears. these gears have less teeth then the stock gears (43x47) but your car will have a higher top speed

gears are normally $4-5 bucks each. also when you get a new gear, Hpi includes a small manual that says which gears to get