Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Firestorm Difficult to start

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 05:09 PM
hpicola

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firestorm Difficult to start

I have like 12 tanks on my Firestorm, and seems every time car is more difficult to start. It takes lots of pulls to finally start the engine. Once it fires up, it runs fine, it idles well too. Also if a burn up on gas and refuel it will easily start as well. Problem only comes after several hours or days car has been with no use. I have checked the glow plug, rechargeable iginiter eveything is ok. Any ideas???
Old 04-24-2007, 05:15 PM
[]TEX[]

Default RE: Firestorm Difficult to start

Your engine just needs a little tuning. Try leaning out the low end needle only if you feel comfotable adjusting this needle. If not have someone help you that has experience with this.

Basically it boils down to tuning.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:36 PM
E-maxxer

yea what tex said and what I do if mine wont start up right away is squeeze the trigger a little bit to give the engine a lil more oxygen
Old 04-25-2007, 12:29 AM
sapper ion

or switch to a rotostart, seems to work for me
Old 04-25-2007, 11:18 AM
hpicola

I was able to start the car last night. At first it took lots of pulling and nothing. Then i Primed it but went over it and flooded it, was a lot of smell for nitro so took out the glow plug, pulled a few times turned the car over too.

Afterwards i fell pulling was much harder, however, after the 3rd attempt it started nice and easy. Is this normal? Also, could it be there is not enough gas getting to the motor and that i should prime it every time?
Old 04-25-2007, 03:56 PM
[]TEX[]

ORIGINAL: hpicola

I was able to start the car last night. At first it took lots of pulling and nothing. Then i Primed it but went over it and flooded it, was a lot of smell for nitro so took out the glow plug, pulled a few times turned the car over too.

Afterwards i fell pulling was much harder, however, after the 3rd attempt it started nice and easy. Is this normal? Also, could it be there is not enough gas getting to the motor and that i should prime it every time?
NO, too much fuel. You need to have someone help you tune that motor.