Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

New to Nitro

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 09:28 AM
Ozboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Nitro

Hi guys, I made a decission the other day to upgrade from electric to nitro. Price was a factor so after a bit of reseach I went for a rs4 3 evo rtr. Got it on ebay for $400:00 Aus. So I am doing a bit of homework before it arrives in the next few days. Is there any flaws with the car? Do I need to make any changes - filters, tyres etc.? How long has this model been out for? It has the Viper body. I will only be bashing on the streets and carparks with it. Any hints, changes or ideas would be appreciated! One other thing - without seeing it I have been reading all the other comments and what is with the 2 speed, how do you know when you want the 2nd speed to kick in? Thanks for your replies.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:07 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New to Nitro

Tuning the 2 speed is totally down to personal preference. I realise this is the HPI forum, and a good place for this post, however the fact is that this forum is pretty dead compared to the On road nitro forum which is full of Evo+ owners. There's even several threads dedicated to the car. Head on over there and have a read. The only thing that needs doing straight away is ditching the 4aa battery pack and buying a rechargable 6v receiver pack. Also in the on road nitro forum, check out the '1/10th on road nitro advice and car tuning guide' which I wrote myself today.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:09 PM
nitro_man

u got a ripp off
Old 04-26-2007, 02:43 PM
IARacer

ORIGINAL: nitro_man

u got a ripp off
As long as it is new it wasn't a rip off. $400 AUS converts to $330 US and Tower has the RS4 3 Evo for $310 US.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:00 PM
magnus213

Some other good investments would be a failsafe and a fuel filter; otherwise, you should be fine. The car is fun right out of the box!