Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

is redcat racing lightning any good?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 01:32 AM
jcervantes11
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default is redcat racing lightning any good?

Hello all is redcat racing lightning decent for 189.99 which
hobbytown selling it for 189.99 planning to pick one up
hopefully the end of this week when i receive my check.
What is the good side on this and the bad side? This
would be my first nitro car.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:55 AM
RCar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: is redcat racing lightning any good?

Short answer: No!

Long answer: There is not such thing as a "Redcat"or "Himoto" cars. These companies had nothing to do with the creation of these cars. These cars are manufactured in a chinese factory and then shipped to these companies to name them, and sell them.

Result? Bad quality cars! They only thing these products achieve, is to drive you away from the hobby. Good, professional companies create and support their own cars. It's not just some guy in front of the computer answering emails, trying to blame something else for the bad quality of the product he sold. Sure, it's cheap, but you'll end up spending twice that money for fixing it.

You'll be getting what you paid for!

Perfect for beginner:

[link=http://www.hpiracing.com/kits/rtrnitro3evo/rtr3-m.htm]HPI RS4 3 Evo (RTR)[/link]
[link=http://www.hpiracing.com/kits/kitMain.php?partNo=10251]HPI RS4 3 18SS (KIT)[/link]
[link=http://www.teamassociated.com/ae/ntc3/kitntc3.htm]Team Associated Nitro TC3 (RTR + KIT)[/link]

Kits usually require transmitter, receiver and servos. And of course kits require building. RTR's require nothing and come prebuilt.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:45 AM
jcervantes11

Darn I wish I saw this post. I just baught this yesturday I got a little crazed when I received enough money to buy it. Hobby
town warned me but telling the truth I don't believe nobody. But I seen alot of message arount the net that this car is poop.
Let see how it goes, hopefully I'll get this car running by tomarrow. Damn it, so what is really wrong with these cars, what
goes wrong with it? What breaks easily?
Old 05-23-2007, 06:38 AM
DaveG55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you haven't started it yet, return it.
It's not that it breaks so easily, all rc's break, although it may break more easily than most. It's more that when it breaks it's real hard to get replacement parts or support for it. It's gonna suck when parts start breaking, and they will, and you have to wait days or weeks to get parts, if you can even find them.
You will/would be way better off to get a brand name car that has parts easily available. HPI, Traxxas, Team Associated, Duratrax all make cars/trucks that would have been better choices.
I know that sometimes retail shops try to steer you to products that have a larger profit margin but, in this case, whoever tried to get you to buy something else was doing right by you.
Good luck
Old 05-23-2007, 11:43 PM
jcervantes11

Bad thing is that I came out from doing a side job far away that before I went home I baught fuel and ran it.
Darn it, so maybe many of you all have this car that run, many of you don't have it running out of the box.
Hey I am one of those whom baught the car and sucked the a hole. Car runs only if its above the ground, but
once those 4 by 4 tires is on the ground it wants to GOOO. Then it stop. It should settle down the ground until
I add more gas like a electric. But hey I don't think its the motor. I think its the quality of the clutch or tranny.
Maybe the spring if I ever find it. Really I got tired of planes, and nitro planes, I can fly it all. Until I got unto
heli, I got a bit tired of it, then when i went to electric cars (traxxas rustler) it was a dream come true, until
I saw lightning nitro. Am I fuked? There is nobody unto nitro cars who I know, bunch of nitro flyers. I have
experience on electric planes with brushless but this car, went to far and now I hate nitro cars. Is nitro cars
this hard to get it running atleast? I never had a nitro car until this one. I only paid like 170's. Ah...... Sortry
for *****ing about it. I'm fed up with RTR AND RTF HELI.