Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

revo 3.3 & savage x

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 10:08 PM
tinkmi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo 3.3 & savage x

ok so if i was to buy one of these too which one would be best i know that the savage is more durable but slower and not as good as the revo at hadeling ( thats what ive read here) also that if i buy some rpm a-arms for the revo its as durable.. i would need to buy more things for the savage like the glow ingitor and i dont for the revo wich comes with a battery pack as well... the savage looks bigger in videos and heavier... which engine will last more if you treat it very goooood?...... please give me info guys i cant make up my mind.. also can you please let me know how much slower is a good tuned savage than the revo
Old 05-02-2007, 10:23 PM
tinkmi

Default RE: revo 3.3 & savage x

well i just saw the hpi website and there is a new savage x rtr 4.6 and it says 45mph + so then im guessing go for the savage or what do you guys think??????
Old 05-03-2007, 07:06 AM
alvinm

You will need more then a-arms for the revo. Trust me, I'm not bias, I own a jato. To me, the revo is a tweener. They tried being innovative with the shock setup for racing but any truggy will spank it on the track. Its really not very good for bashing because of the suspension and all the parts involved. Plus, I think the 3.3 is not the type of motor that can handle constant pounding and needs more maintenance. I haven't checked the hpi site but if its true about the new savage, there's really no reason to buy a revo.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:15 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Savage!
Old 05-03-2007, 06:40 PM
KillerJato

REVO
Old 05-06-2007, 10:29 AM
ARevoPro

I own a Revo and I must say that it definately out performs any monster truck. (Must be why it keeps getting MT of the Year awards). Its suspension setup is very innovative and truly has an incredible range. It also comes with a long travel suspension set in the box. The TRX3.3 is insane stock engine also and will run over the 4.6 that comes with Savage. The Revo has endless adjustable features such as camber, toe, ride height, shift point, braking and rear braking, wheel base length, etc. Hop-up options are endless and the EZ-start system is just awsome. You may need to look into other websites too to get other expert opinions. Here is a pic of mine.

[link]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x320/ARevoPro/100_0212.jpg[/link]
[link]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x320/ARevoPro/100_0241.jpg[/link]
Old 05-06-2007, 10:41 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: tinkmi

ok so if i was to buy one of these too which one would be best i know that the savage is more durable but slower and not as good as the revo at hadeling ( thats what ive read here) also that if i buy some rpm a-arms for the revo its as durable.. i would need to buy more things for the savage like the glow ingitor and i dont for the revo wich comes with a battery pack as well... the savage looks bigger in videos and heavier... which engine will last more if you treat it very goooood?...... please give me info guys i cant make up my mind.. also can you please let me know how much slower is a good tuned savage than the revo
The TRX engines (2.5cc and 3.3cc) will last a long time given care and a proper break-in. They can see up to 10 gallons through them so long as they are cared for properly.

The exact same is tru for th K4.6. I have three K4.6s that I have run 10+ gallons through each before I had to rebuild them.

When breaking in any engine, TRX or HPI Nitrostar, use the heat-cycling method for a proper break-in. Totally rip out the break-in instruction page in your manual, they are completely wrong in telling you to idle the truck on blocks at very rich settings.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:00 PM
joelnazab

what is this heat-cycling method???? i though we were supposed to do it by the book im lost now lol
Old 05-06-2007, 05:02 PM
ARevoPro

This is the alternative method for breaking in your engines.

http://www.johnnycoolguy.com/JCGR/ma..._break-in.html