Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

So fellow r/c’ers I need some help…

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

So fellow r/c’ers I need some help…

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 12:24 PM
newbutsick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So fellow r/c’ers I need some help…

I used to have a few different cars/trucks and used them everyday but then I started school and really didn’t have that much time to enjoy my toys so I got rid of everything. So that’s why I need your help, I’m interested in buying a new nitro truck, either stadium or monster but something that I can use on any surface. Everything now a days is ready to run so building a kit which I kinda enjoy is out of the question. So what truck would you guys recommend just as a good reliable, durable, fun nitro truck.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: So fellow r/c’ers I need some help…

Welcome. Everyone's going to say Savage X pretty much (of course the next poster will say something else, but hey, that's what happens). I have one, it's great. Takes a hell of a punishment. If you get a Savage X SS, you CAN build it, it's a kit. It comes with a big engine, two speed transmission and wheelies on command, also has a lot of hop ups in the box. They're really great cars. Of course, you'll need to buy a radio system as well, but that's a good thing cos RTR radios are almost always total pants. Make sure you get a strong steering servo.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:36 PM
KillerJato

MGT for a all around solid monster truck and comes with a cheaper price tag then most. RC10GT2 is my choice for a 2wheel drive staduim truck and you can get it in a kit and it is proven.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:36 PM
newbutsick

When you say get a strong servo you mean get a strong steering servo, because I wouldn’t see the point in getting a strong throttle servo…
Old 05-06-2007, 12:38 PM
GYNAIKAS

I agree that the savage is an awesome truck for beginers and not only. Also check kyosho Giga Crusher .28 and tamiya TNX 5.2. I'd stay away from traxxas but this is my personal opinion .
Old 05-06-2007, 12:46 PM
newbutsick

whats the problem with traxxas????
Old 05-06-2007, 12:49 PM
GYNAIKAS

It's just my opinion...let's say I had bad experience with traxxas cars nothing more.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:52 PM
KillerJato

Nothing is wrong with Traxxas
ORIGINAL: newbutsick

whats the problem with traxxas????
Old 05-06-2007, 01:34 PM
ARevoPro

Traxxas Revo 3.3 all the way. It's a monster truck with a great low center of gravity for the road, jumps, construction sites, track, it doesn't matter it works. How many monster trucks do see going up against truggy's and stadium trucks on the tracks and winning on stock engine or even aftermarket engines besides the Revo? I truely believe it is the most versatile truck out there and will be for a while. So many different ways you can build that truck to be. I love mine and others around here say they wished they had spent the few extra bucks to get it. You just cant be disappointed.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:08 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

There are a lot of good kits out there and I will do not do RTR my self. If you want a kit, which you end up with, a much better vehicle look at the Savage X SS!
Old 05-06-2007, 03:11 PM
newbutsick

im searching the web now looking at all the different prices and specs, what servos, and radio would you guys recommend????
Old 05-06-2007, 03:35 PM
-EXTRA-

Tmaxx 3.3 all the way..good tough reliable truck would def. recommend it....Spektrum or a synthesized radio by JR or futaba.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:10 PM
joey1995

i'd have to say most definately have to say a jato because it has the speed and if you put on smaller tires you can race on concrete but if you put on big tires you can still race on grass or dirt and still have the speed.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:22 PM
ARevoPro

Jato isn't worth 2 cents in construction sites or off roading. On top of that, where is the versatilty in a 2wd vehicle. Sure its fast but not fun because of being too fast, hard to control, constant wheelies causing flipping, and wants to push straight when going into turns. He wants a monster truck. 45+ mph is plenty for anyone who wants an everyday basher/short track racer.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:24 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Get a GST 7.7 or a LST2
Old 05-06-2007, 07:37 PM
newbutsick

ya im not really looking for 2wd...all purpose is my goal
Old 05-07-2007, 01:53 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm with GYNAIKAS, don't flame me you fanboys, I've owned a LOT of RCs and I just think Traxxas and Duratrax for that matter are simply not the best value for money. Their speed claims are laughable and they are not very durable. When I say a strong servo, I mean for the steering yes, you don't need anything insane on the throttle/BRAKE (don't forget the throttle servo also pulls the brakes ). If you get an RTR Savage for example, it would be recommended to put the stock steering servo on the throttle, and get something with around 200oz-in of torque and as much speed as you can afford for the steering. If you go kit (X SS for example), then just put a medium $40ish servo on the throttle. Savage is the most popular RC in the world right now I believe, and not only do you have to think that so many can't all be wrong, but the aftermarket support, the availability of spares/hop ups etc, the sheer size of the savage community, even on this site, makes it a logical choice, not to mention the fact that obviously it's a great truck. I've jumped mine well over 2m (high) and landed it on it's roof, nose, wheel. Take a hell of a beating. Can't recommend it highly enough.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:06 AM
ARevoPro

Gonna be a tuff decision for you to choose when the opinions are the same regardless of the vehicle being supported. FYI Revo has dual steering servos. Not sure if it matters but still sounds good. You should check out http://www.rc411.com/pages/reviews.php and read up on professional reviews and compare your options by mutual experts. Good luck and hope you make the right choice for your needs and technical skill(whatever that may be).