Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

hpi r40 hara edition

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 07:32 PM
123michael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hpi r40 hara edition

hi guys whats the engiene youve put in an r40 coz there pro arnt they wow they are sweet.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:52 PM
iexion

Default RE: hpi r40 hara edition

any small block with an "SG" shaft. Picco, O.S. Nova rossi etc... well i shouldnt say ALL small block engines but a large % of them should work.

Since the R40 is designed more for the racer in mind, the chassis is made for SG shaft engines.

Come to think about it. i cant think of any race styled rc's that dont use SG shaft engines[:-]
Old 05-07-2007, 12:46 AM
HeLLsGoD

yeah thats cause centax clutches only work with SG shafts. Best adjustable clutches you can get for racing
Old 05-07-2007, 05:58 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Of all the pro cars, this one is discontinued and outdated, I used to have one, they are good cars, but unfortunately, they are no more. The very last few will leave Tower Hobbies soon, then they will be gone. Parts support will soon start to dwindle too.

Anyway, to answer your question...We put race .12s in them like the RB Matrix, Novarossi 353, MR Ninja .12, Sirio .12 turbo 3 port.

If you want to see a really good competition car, check [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5818674/tm.htm]this[/link] out... It's my new Xray NT1, the best 1/10th racer out there at the moment. I have an RB MatrixR motor in it.

In the spirit of keeping this thread HPI related, I believe (though I have no evidence further than the fact that HPI seem to be handing over the racing stuff to their sister company Hot Bodies), that we can expect to see a new 1/10th nitro competition car from Hot Bodies soon.