Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

wich one is better stock???

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 08:04 PM
joelnazab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wich one is better stock???

hey guys which one would win out of the revo 3.3 and the hpi hellfire both stock in a track or in a drag wich one has better performance???
Old 05-07-2007, 08:14 PM
rc_racer69

Default RE: wich one is better stock???

it matters who is the better driver

btw this is gunna start another war
traxxas vs. hpi
fight!!!!!
lol
Old 05-07-2007, 09:17 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: joelnazab

hey guys which one would win out of the revo 3.3 and the hpi hellfire both stock in a track or in a drag wich one has better performance???
the HPI hellfire will preform better, its pretty new so i cant answer duarabilty questions, but coming from HPI it should not be a dud.
the revo is a great basher, so it really depends on what u want better handleing or a better basher.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:17 PM
joelnazab

lol im not trying to make a war its just that like some people say the revo is more like a hellfire and the tmaxx like a savage thats why i was asking lol
Old 05-07-2007, 09:22 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

No as you are comparing oranges with apples as one is a monster truck and one is a truggy! NO where near the same.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:05 AM
PENGUINBLASTER!!!

The hellfire is way higher in quality and design than the Tyco... errr, Revo.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:09 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, I'm sorry, the REVO cannot compete with real truggies at any level. End of story. The Hellfire is a MUCH better machine.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:06 AM
ttoks

the revo is the best in it's class, but they're different classes altogether, the hellfire is made as a truggy not a monster truck, the revo is a monster truck, not a truggy.

The hellfire is way higher in quality and design than the Tyco... errr, Revo.

Traxxas make some of the highest quality products out there, they are no tyco pieces of crap.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:07 AM
joelnazab

oooooooh so whast at the same level as the hellfire... i mean im just curious... so truggys are the best all around vehicles sorry for the bad spelling
Old 05-08-2007, 04:10 AM
Foxy

Other truggies, logically. The Xray XT8 pees all over it in terms of quality, adjustability, durability, etc., but that's not to say you can't be fast around the track with either. But the Xray is more expensive. Similarly other competition truggies will be better cars, mugen MBX5T, etc. etc. Hellfire is a low end truggy, but it will obviously oputperform a 1/10th monster truck in every way, it's in a different class!
Old 05-08-2007, 04:17 AM
joelnazab

so then truggys range from 600 dollars and up right... well that are better then the hellfire... is the mt2 a truggy or a stadium truck hobbypeople have it down as a monster truck
Old 05-08-2007, 04:32 AM
joelnazab

and also are truggys better then buggys???
Old 05-08-2007, 05:17 AM
Foxy

mt2 is a 4wd stadium truck.

Truggies are NOT better than buggies, nor vice versa. Once again they are a different class. Truggies are easier to drive, jump a bit better and usually have more torque (due to bigger engines). Buggies are quicker in the turns, and quicker round the track generally (but not by much) and tend to run more race orientated higher revving competition .21 engines.

Personalyl I prefer buggies, but that's just me.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:23 AM
joelnazab

oh ok thanx 4 the info...ima get a revo i think... lol i keep switching from the new savage and the revo i think for the money its good at first i wanted a jato cuz it looks nice but then everyone told me i wasnt gonna be able to hndle it and it would brake easyly so hopefully ill have good look with the revo..i kinda wanna wait a lil l more to see if traxxas comes out with a newer one sence the rtr savage x is getting the 4.6 engine now but i dont know what do you think??
Old 05-08-2007, 05:28 AM
Foxy

I think if you have the money you should go for a hellfire. 100 times more durable, you'll learn more about the hobby, independent front/rear braking, 3 differentials, based on buggy chassis, better aftermarket support, raceability, even better jumping than the revo. Trust me, I think you'll find the hellfire a very rewarding car. Beswt of both worlds, great jumping like a truck, speed and durability like a buggy, hence 'truggy'.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:36 AM
joelnazab

well i would but it was just supposed to be a 400 dollar present lol cuz i was getting the jato but sence i guess its not durable i asked if i could get the revo...its cuz im 18 i have a girlfriend and a 1 year old kid already but im still a kid 2 and my girlfriend has been saving up for an nitro rc car for me becouse i bought her a coach bag that she wanted lol... hopefully when i get a well paying job and i have a good 1st nitro experience ill buy myself a hellfire.. but for now its too expensive for our budget the cheapest ive seen it is for 610
Old 05-08-2007, 05:45 AM
Foxy

I understand. Good luck with the kid. Make sure he gets into RC. Revo is a good choice for your budget.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:48 AM
joelnazab

thanx man... you have alot of cars lol...so i think you can tell me ur opinion on getting the revo over the savage what do you think... i like ur buggy it looks really kool
Old 05-08-2007, 05:51 AM
joelnazab

what do u think of the Matrix TR Arena RTR.. would it be better then the revo???
Old 05-08-2007, 06:00 AM
Foxy

Better? Once again, different cars. I would prefer a TR Arena to a REVO for all the same reasons I stated before, I think truggies are superior mechanically, as they are based on racing buggy chassis. I am sure you'd be very satisfied with the Arena, it's based on a solid buggy, the Matrix. I dare say it's fractionally better than the hellfire, but since I haven't actually seen an Arena, I can't say for sure. Matrix, like I say was a solid buggy though.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:11 AM
joelnazab

well im just gonna be driving it around i dont know if there are any tracks out here[]
Old 05-08-2007, 06:15 AM
joelnazab

whats the difference between the matrix tr arena and the matrix c-1
Old 05-08-2007, 06:31 AM
Foxy

Ones a buggy and ones a truggy. Are you getting this idea of different classes? I don't mean to sound rude, but a quick google would have showed you the difference.

Regardless racing or not, I would personally prefer a truggy over a stadium truck for all reasons stated above. When you're talking about monsters though, you have to understand the huge difference between the REVO and other monsters. The savage, is a real monster as is the LST2 (revo is closer to a stadium than a monster in my opinion).

You have to first decide which class you want...there are three really...

Monster, Truggy and Stadium. It sounds like you already discounted buggy, and if you're bashing around and not racing that was the right decision.

Once you settle on a class, you can begin lookin at your options, otherwise this back and forth thread will be going on for a long time to come.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:46 AM
ARevoPro

For anyone who knows nascar, you would not take a car setup for Watkins Glen to Talledaga and vice versa you may not stand a chance. That is why I back Foxy82 on this subject when he states the different classes between Monster Trucks, Stadiums, truggys, etc. The are all setup stock to focus on different aspects, some with more versatilty than others. I am not siding with ANY car/truck because I have not drove every car/truck to say that one is better than the other, even then it is always just an opinion from one person to the next which is best in their perspective. I will say that I did choose a Revo and still am glad I made that choice because of the versatility of it. If I wanted to build it to race a track, I could. But I chose to take it the other way and it does bashing and rough terrain driving. Hence, what a buggy could not do too well at, but would smoke my Revo on a track right now. Its just a matter of finding what more fits your specific wants/needs and being happy with it. Being happy and happy and having fun is what matters most anyway. Rc Racer69 hit it right on the nose on the better driver thing between the Revo and Hellfire.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:28 PM
joelnazab

thats was a good statement! thanx guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.