Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Rush Evo Steering - advice wanted

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 02:29 AM
totallyrocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rush Evo Steering - advice wanted

Hi,
I just bought an upgraded Rush Evo, it has sway bars to improve handling but it never seem to drive straight. After turning left the car wanders to the right, then after I turn right it wanders left so its not the trim, maybe a servo problem?.

Any ideas welcome as Im new to this.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:28 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Rush Evo Steering - advice wanted

maybe, try changing servos over throttle on steering and vice versa, to see f the problem is cured.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:07 PM
totallyrocks

I switched the servo and works fine now, cheers anymore problems Ill stick em on
Old 05-17-2007, 09:57 AM
totallyrocks

ok I have another problem, basically my rush doesnt seem to have the same speed or accelleration as it did last time I run it, it has a team infinity .18 engine in it which id like to upgrade. If there's anything I can do in the meantime Id like to know, the engine revs high but moves slow, Ive tried re-tuneing. Oh, and any suggestions on a .21 engine that will fit?

Any help's welcome

Cheers
Old 05-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No .21s will fit without a conversion kit. Get an OS 18tz, it's stronger and faster than many of the cheap .21s. Change that throttle servo is your next priority, it obviously has a problem of some kind. Sure it matters less on the throttle, but one day it might fail and leave you running after the car as it heads toward the nearest highway at full speed.

As for your revving high, but slow moving problem...either, your engine has lost compression (test by trying to turn the flywheel by hand, if you can turn it easily, then there's no compression, engine is shot), or you have a problem in the clutch or transmission somewhere, inspect all the gears and check out the clutch shoes.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:47 AM
totallyrocks

Hi its the annoying rush guy again,

I took your advice and upped the engine to a .21. I eventually got everything to fit and work, the only problem I have is 'metal on metal interferance'. The servos work fine when the engine is off but twitch when the engine is running, I've tried moving the reciever/areal away from it but has no effect.

The guys in my model shop say the only option is to get a 2.4Ghz radio set, but these cost more than the car. Any alternatives?

Thanks allot
Old 08-17-2007, 09:58 PM
zeddfirstwizard

He said to get a .18 so you didnt really take his advice and the motor he said to get is probally alot better than the motor you got. Next there are alot of us out here who use am and fm recivers and radios and we dont have to swith to get good reception. your problem lies in your ant.. Either it is lose or broken. I would check to make sure that it has not come loose from the solder joint on the rx. Then if you still can't find the problem just replace your rx its a lot cheaper than you may think, and by the way if you still have your old motor i'll buy it , just tell me what it is so I can order the clutch for it thats all that problem was with the revving high and goin no where assuming the mesh on the spur was correct and did make contact ,,,,, let me know good luck.