Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

new rc on-road and off-road park in wellington ,florida

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

new rc on-road and off-road park in wellington ,florida

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 09:36 PM
lake pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new rc on-road and off-road park in wellington ,florida

Tonite on May 8th ,2007 I attended a public meeting at a village town meeting tonite at the Village of Wellington in Southeastern, Florida. One of the items tonite, up for discussion was a new RC park for the village. Down here our hobby has really growned within the last two years . I attended this meeting as a heli pilot , boat racer and off road and a on road racer .Now i do fly my heli as much as i can ,along with running my beloved boats . but my wife really likes to run either offroad trucks which we both have or helping (as a turn worker) run my touring car . Now dont get me wrong , my wife and myself split our hobby up, once week we race cars or/and the monster trucks . The next week i run my boats , following with the heil but not in that order. With the boats and the heli ,we have areas where we can enjoy those sides of the hobby which many of us enjoy, but we really dont not have a park or area where on-road and off-road can be in the same place. At the present time the kids in Wellington have to resort to racing on the street along with kids in other parts of the county , Royal Palm Beach has a onroad track but ,they havent had a off road track in many years . The closest off road track is in Boca Raton , Florida which is at the southern most end of the county . this RC park would be in the center of the county where people from Jupiter, Florida (at northern part of Palm Beach County) to Boca Raton ,Florida (at the southern most part of Palm Beach county ) could come and enjoy this park and not have to drive over a hour to race.We have the backing of our local hobby shops . one of them RC Revolotion who is the major backer of this site . Even the Village supports the park. From i seen tonite two things stand in the way of this park becoming a reality .The first is the Location the Village has a few different places to put this park in at . Two Or three are existing parks one is a half paved / half gravel Parking lot where they use for over flow parking jazz and art shows a few times a year . they have a ten acre parking ,lot now the over flow lot is two acres.(owned By the Village ) or lets use one of the other parks within the Village. Us RC guys and gals can share a lot which was promised to a group that hardly uses it .The other problem is $ to bulid the park . They bulid baseball, soccer and football fields for the kids , but what about the ones who would rather race RC cars/trucks than the other sports. Why cant the Village spend some of the money they use to bulid those ball fields or some extra money hey have left over in their budget to help the other kids out( as far as kids I mean ages 14 to ???? in our hobby)we are all kids in this hobby. Plus the local stores will see a rise in sales because of KIDS coming to that area .I belive that it is a win -win situation for us the RC hobbist (remember there is no age limit for us to be kids ) and the local goverment ant stores in the area . A RC group was started to help get this park but we might need the help of the entire RC commuity , even those on the other coast , to help make this park a reality . Maybe we all can email the Village mayor and the other Village councilmen/women to make this happen . if we all stick together our hobby can be enjoyed by others that will find our beloved hobby in the near future . the websitto the Village of wellington is http://www.ci.wellington.fl.us/main.htm email them if you support this new RC park

Old 05-09-2007, 10:23 AM
420Speedster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new rc on-road and off-road park in wellington ,florida

I think the village people are missing their......er......