Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 01:08 AM
joelnazab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK

HEY GUYS WHAT DO THINK...NOW I LIKE THE CEN MATRIX TR ARENA RTR BUT I CANT REALLY FIND INFO ON IT I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW MANY BATTERIES OR IF ITS 2 SPEED I CANT FIND ANYTHING.. ANYBOTY KNOW... ANYWAYS NOW ITS BETWEEN THIS TRUGGY AND THE REVO 3.3 ANYTHING YOU GUYS WOULD LIKE TO TELL ME GO FOR IT PPLEASE
Old 05-09-2007, 01:14 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK

As it's an RTR, it will 'probably' have a little battery holder for 4 x AA type batteries. HOWEVER, this is the first thing you should throw away. Replace it with a rechargable 6v battery. Of course you'll need a charger, so wait til you've got some budget, but this should be your FIRST upgrade. As it's a truggy (based on a buggy), it will not have a 2-speed, it's not designed to have one. It's possible that sportwerks or some other company make one for it, but it's NOT advisable to put 2 speeds in buggies and truggies, as it eliminates the centre differential, which is an important piece of handling equipment, and also allows you to have independent front and rear braking. Basically, don't put a 2-speed in it.

I think you will be much happier with the arena. It may not have the same top speed on tarmac as the revo, but it will handle significantly better than the revo and be faster on the rough stuff due to it's extra stability.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:19 AM
joelnazab

do you know what the top speed is?
Old 05-09-2007, 01:27 AM
Phelansa

As with regards to top speed of a truggy? I dont know exactly what the Arena's top speed is. But I can tell you that my truggy, even without an 2 speed is faster than the Revo 2.5. Trust me. That is plenty fast enough!!

I think you will really enjoy a truggy. They are in my opinion the best possible compromise between handeling and bashing ability. I own buggies, an MT and a Truggy. So I am talking from experience.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:32 AM
Foxy

top speed with a nice high revving engine would be 40-50 tops (prob around 45 depending on gearing). But like I told you yesterday, buggies and truggies are not for top speed, they are for high speed stability off road, the Revo has a high top speed, but will flip over easier, it depends what you want to do, if you're just gonna rush up and down your street, get a Revo, if you want to enjoy something you can drive off road without it flipping over all the time, go for the Arena.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:35 AM
joelnazab

will i have fun with the arena onroad too and on grass... are they durrable and easy to maintain
Old 05-09-2007, 02:07 AM
Foxy

Very durable and easy to wrench on, yes. You would do well to learn a bit about the effects of differentials too, in order to get the best out of it.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:13 AM
joelnazab

what does it mean to have a 6gear differential???... doesnt the engine die easily with a 1 speed instead of two... also is cen a reliable company??? sorry for asking so many questions its cuz i want to make sure i get the right car for me ... i didnt think it would go faster than 40 lol will it handle well on the street and on grass
Old 05-09-2007, 02:14 AM
Phelansa

Mmm, yes. Differentials make a big difference. Do not expect to wheely a Truggy unless you are prepared to lock the center and rear diffs. They are desighned to keep the front wheels down to maximize handeling. Little things like this that set them apart as a class on its own.

They do great on grass, but with the high center of gravity and good steering response they can tip over on tarmac.

Yes, CEN has a very good reputation!!
Old 05-09-2007, 02:19 AM
Foxy

Don't worry about how many gears a diff has yet, that is not your concern at the knowledge level you are currently at. It has nothing to do with how many DRIVE gears the car has. All buggies and truggies are single speed. When I talk about diff tuning, I'm talking about the different weights of oil you can use in the diffs to restrict their movement and apply certain effects to the handling. Don't worry about this yet, get the truck first and run it stock, that way you'll have a baseline to compare against when you make changes.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:19 AM
joelnazab

sorry for asking the same questions on different forums its cuz some people dont asnwer on some so i post on another one i will not do it again ... wow this truggy is really convincing me is it hard to tune them???
Old 05-09-2007, 02:27 AM
Foxy

It's ok, no worries, and no it's not difficult, but it is messy!! Look, get the car, run it in it's stock form, when you are ready to play about with some settings pm me, I will be happy to help you out. You honestly don't need to worry about this stuff right now. I've been racing many years.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:40 AM
joelnazab

i saw a video were a truggy beat a revo around a circle of dirt that thing just took off sence the beginnig but i dont know what kind it was i saw it on youtube do you think this one can do it as well
Old 05-09-2007, 02:47 AM
Foxy

Depends on many things, but yeh, I would say that the arena has more acceleration out of the box, but less top speed. Buggies and truggies are all about torque (acceleration).
Old 05-09-2007, 02:48 AM
joelnazab

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tLpddrHtod0 its there but its not a truggy its a buggy
Old 05-09-2007, 02:52 AM
Foxy

Buggies are lighter. Logical they'd be a bit quicker. Youtube is blocked at my work (and I instated the policy as one of the company's firewall administrators, so it wouldn't look very good if I was on there!).
Old 05-09-2007, 02:57 AM
joelnazab

oh sorry i didnt know you were working what time is it there here its 1257 in the morning is it bad to hold the throttle all the way for a long time
Old 05-09-2007, 02:59 AM
Foxy

Yes, to run top speed for more than a few seconds is not a good idea with any nitro engine. It's currently 11.00am exactly here in sunny greece.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:08 AM
joelnazab

do you like beckham??? lol can the truggys take really high jumps
Old 05-09-2007, 03:11 AM
Foxy

Absolutely they can jump high!

Beckham used to be a fantastic player, I hope that he goes to the US, he's just what US soccer needs, a superstar to bring some popularity to the sport. His wife's nice too.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:17 AM
joelnazab

lol yeah i want to go watch his first game here but i dont even know when hes coming lol... do you think i can beat the stock hellfire and ofna truggys with this one i also like the redcat hurricane i think it looks pretty nice
Old 05-09-2007, 03:41 AM
Foxy

Stock for stock, I would GUESS the hellfire and arena are pretty similar performance. I haven't seen the arena run to be honest.

I'm not a fan of redcat, they are made by other companies and the designs sold to redcat, basically they are cheap imitations. There's a redcat forum toward the bottom of the list of Car forums. You have to understand, I have never looked that closely at the cheap cars, I've been doing this for nearly 20 years, all my cars are professional level (except the savage, but that's why I bought it, so I have something to bash without destroying a competition car). Click on my name to see my profile and my models if you want.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:47 AM
joelnazab

wow you sure do have cars lol wich on eis ur favorite??? why do all of them say furtaba recivers.. do you work in a rc related job???... i am kinda getting disappointed almost everyboty in the matrix arena forum say that the servos suck and reciever[]... have you driven a revo before??
Old 05-09-2007, 03:57 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: joelnazab

wow you sure do have cars lol wich on eis ur favorite??? why do all of them say furtaba recivers.. do you work in a rc related job???... i am kinda getting disappointed almost everyboty in the matrix arena forum say that the servos suck and reciever[]... have you driven a revo before??
My favourite car right now id the Xray NT1, it's a work of art and comfortably the best 1/10th nitro touring car available right now, but I've got well over $1500 in it including one of the best racing engines out there. I also love my Xray XB8 buggy and my Savage. As for my receivers...I like futaba radio gear, I think it's the most reliable. My job...I work as an IT consultant in one of the top global consultancies (obviously I work in the Greek office). Lastly, I have not driven a revo, but I have seen them run, they're fast, but not as fast as the buggy and not as rugged as the savage, so I have no reason to look at one. Furthermore, I'm not a traxxas fan, but that's a personal opinion, you should form your own.

Almost all RTR radios and servos suck, it's an unfortunate side effect of them being cheap for beginners. Imagine how much they'd cost if they put $500 of radio equipment in them.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:15 AM
joelnazab

oh well thats good to know lol... whast a greek office?.... do you think that that new savage that is coming out with the f4.6 engine will be better than the revo.... you are really kool do you have an e mail

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.