Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

mA question

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 07:57 PM
Nick2618

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mA question

My trx charge broke its ac/dc adaptor. The old one was 1000mA and i have another plug that goese in my printer and its volts fall into the trx charger range. But it has no range specs for the mA. The printer plug has 1250 mA. Does that extra 250mA matter? or am i good to go.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:06 PM
DaveG55

Default RE: mA question

Three things you have to watch for
Voltage
Current capacity
Polarity of the plug
If those three things are the same then you're good to go.
You said that the voltage and current are within range but you need to check the plug polarity. It's often on the body of the powersupply but if it's not you can use a volt meter to check that they are the same.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:12 PM
poster

ORIGINAL: nick2618

My trx charge broke its ac/dc adaptor. The old one was 1000mA and i have another plug that goese in my printer and its volts fall into the trx charger range. But it has no range specs for the mA. The printer plug has 1250 mA. Does that extra 250mA matter? or am i good to go.
It's ok if you have more milliamps (mA). Just check the polarity of the plug.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:14 PM
poster

ORIGINAL: poster

ORIGINAL: nick2618

It's ok if you have more milliamps (mA). Just check the polarity of the plug.
compare the polarity on both adapters. The diagram will look something like this:

Old 05-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Nick2618

thank all of you. Polarity is the same and the volts fell within range and the mA was 250 greator. So based on all the info i went ahead and plugged it in.

Thanks again for your help.

Nick