Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Good brand name rc cars & rc trucks of the year

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Good brand name rc cars & rc trucks of the year

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 09:57 PM
ElectriRCHelicopters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good brand name rc cars & rc trucks of the year

Hi
Do you guys know what brand name and which model is the most popular rc car & truck of the year ?
Good brand names are: Team Losi-CEN-HPI-Traxxas-Kyosho-GS Racing-XTM-Carisma-DuraTrax-Sportwerks
Top rated rc cars & rc trucks of the yare are:1) Team Losi 8IGHT 1/8 4WD RTR w/TL427 & DX2 2) CEN Genesis .46 RTR Huge RC Nitro Monster Truck 1/8 Scale 3) HPI racing HPI Hellfire RTR RC 1/8 Nitro Monster Truck 4) Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3 RTR RC Nitro Monster Truck 5) Kyosho Inferno 777 ST-R Nitro RC Buggy RTR 6) GS Storm Unlimited 1/8 RTR RC Nitro Truck 7) XTM X-Factor 2 RTR RC Nitro Monster Truck w/radio & 24.7 Motor 8) Carisma electric RC Ferrari Enzo Car 9) DuraTrax Street Force GP2 w/.18 RTR 10) Sportwerks
Turmoil RTR 1/8 4WD Buggy w/DX2.
I found this interesting short article at the page: http://www.squidoo.com/RCPlaneGuide
enjoy it, and have fun
Old 05-10-2007, 10:49 AM
ARevoPro

Default RE: Good brand name rc cars & rc trucks of the year

I dont think that article knew what it was talking about. How do define "popular"in RC? If it is by sales then that list is no where close. Traxxas would be on that list more definately. T-Maxx - 55+MPH. My @$$. Or with what engine? Not the 3.3. Where is Revo? I would have surely thought it would have made top 5. Associated? They did say cars and trucks, not manufactuer. Funny article. Ha - Ha
Old 05-11-2007, 11:15 AM
ARevoPro

How is this for RC Truck of the Year!

[link]http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitro/revo/trx_revo_trucks.htm[/link]
Old 05-11-2007, 12:27 PM
derrick05

I sure would stay away from CEN.Iwas gonna buy a GST but I did my homework on the net first and cant seem to find a GST owner that can keep it runnung more than a week at a time.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:50 PM
ross_jsy

obviously didnt look very hard, i dont like it but even i admit its a good truck. i am not brandist though like 99% of people on the internet
Old 06-13-2007, 06:18 PM
ElectriRCHelicopters

well,Revo rc truck is definetelly a good rc truck !
Old 06-13-2007, 06:25 PM
nitrofreak06
My Feedback: (17)

psh get a savage
Old 06-13-2007, 06:58 PM
KillerJato

psh get a revo or mgt
Old 06-13-2007, 08:06 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I myself am biased towards a Savage. I therefore would always reccomend one and am quite proud to see articles in magazines that praise them. It is an excellent bashing truck and repairs are very easy, parts are very cheap, and aftermarket mods for it are too numerous to count.

CEN MTs are also vert good. The Nemesis, Genesis, and GST are real solid bashers; I do not hold much faith in their monstrous engines, but you can always count on the chassis to take a serious betaing (probably more than what a Savage can take). As for the CEN engine, I personally would chunk the NX 7.6 and 7.7 as far as I could throw them and buy a proven .28-.30ci engine to replace the .46ci monster. That engine is too far inflated as far as the claimed power is concerned. Also, unfortunately, CEN parts and aftermarket mods and hop ups are very limited and hard to get. Otherwise, I would already have bought a CEN to add to my bashers.

Another great truck for bashing and also racing as well is the LST2. Losi has designed a very good truck in the LST2; this truck will take a fair deal of licks and is also a capable handler as far as racing goes. Additionally, like the Savage, Losi parts are very easy to come by and aftermarket hop-up mods are widely available.

Now, for a racing MT, I highly recommend the Revo. It is a proven racing truck with many trophies under its name. With some hop-ups (not much really), the Revo becomes a serious competitor. It is by far not a basher like a Savage or a TVP CEN truck, but it is very light and very nimble and in the hands of a driver capapable of pushing it to its full potential, the Revo will leave other trucks behind.
Additionally, Revo parts and hop-up aftermarket mods are cheap and easy to get.

Out of the above trucks I mentioned, I do not know which would get the overall truck of the year.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:28 AM
ross_jsy

having owned a lst, revo, savage and a genesis, i think they are all cracking trucks. my current main wagon is my lst though. out of all of them i prefered it because it handles almost, if not as good as, a revo. can take a huge amount of abuse like a savage and out of all the trucks, has the best engine
Old 06-14-2007, 05:57 PM
derrick05

Exactly what defines BEST ENGINE?
Old 06-15-2007, 01:04 PM
ross_jsy

easiest to tune, more power. the mach 427 is a lrp spec 2, its basically identical. compare it to the shoddy traxxas 2.5, or underpowered 3.3 with their finicky tuning, or the nitro star (not a bad engine, just not as good as the mach 427)

oh, btw i get payed to tune and break in nitro's so i know what i am talking about
Old 06-15-2007, 10:16 PM
KillerJato

Everybody and there brother knows what they are talking about on here, have u noticed that. Most guys can't think past there current favorite rc in the stable. All there is, is guys that think this and think that. There is no best engine, no best car, no best this and no best that. Everybody just thinks, but can't give no facts or proof, because there is none.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:35 PM
derrick05

Very well put killer jato.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:47 AM
ross_jsy

ok, lets put it this way....why do most people hate the trx 3.3.

you are right, there is no best engine or best car or whatever. there are some bad cars, some good cars but nothing perfect. the trx engines are bad and even a true traxxas fan boy will admit that (btw, i dont want another flame war. another topic like this turned into a flame war with some guy basically saying the trx had no faults what so ever and ripping on me. needless to say, people with a lot more expierience quickly proved him wrong).

the nitro stars in savy's are also a very very nice engine. perfect for bashing, produce a nice amount of power and not too bad on the tuning front. a nice engine and certainly better than the trx.

then the mach 427, there is a reason why people actually buy this as an aftermarket engine for their trucks, its a very nice engine. and probably the best in an rtr currently. you can race it and it will hold its own againts the3-4x's more expensive italian engines.

i am not a brandist though, i go for what is the best. revo's drivetrain gets eaten by anything bigger than a .21. the savvy doesnt handle as well as i like (but, i do jump this off my roof into the garden, two floors) and the genesis is just a bit too big and cumbersome at times. my lst is my all rounder though. depending on what i will doing that day is how i decide what truck to take out, muddy hill climbing, genesis. need good handling, revo and major bashing i take the savvy. but most of the time i will take my lst out as it has a lot of the qualities of the others all rolled into one.

oh, and killer jato, looking at your name, appears you are a brandist
Old 06-16-2007, 09:35 AM
KillerJato

Never said anything about a trx in my thread did I. And i like my RC10GT way better then any Traxxas i got. All i am saying is there is no best anything in rc. There is just a bunch of guys that think, like or hate an rc car or parts. Just like in real life if you think you are tough, fast, or smart, well guess what there is always someone tougher, faster, and smarter and so on and so on. Same applies to anything rc. I'm not trying to start a flame war just telling the facts, there is no best anything in rc period. End of story.

And so what if my id is KILLERJATO, i just so happen to have a pretty fast in a straight line Modded Jato. But just like i said there will always be someone faster with there rc.

And you think your Lst is best for all around, and i think my old MGT was best for all around. But we both just think that, but no way to proove that now is there.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:02 PM
ross_jsy

sorry if you thought i was having a go at you, just supporting what i said with a few facts.

hehe i am hoping my lst is about as good as you can get, about £2000 in it now (US$4000)
Old 06-16-2007, 02:24 PM
hands without shadows

ORIGINAL: KillerJato

Everybody and there brother knows what they are talking about on here, have u noticed that. Most guys can't think past there current favorite rc in the stable. All there is, is guys that think this and think that. There is no best engine, no best car, no best this and no best that. Everybody just thinks, but can't give no facts or proof, because there is none.
Yay for post-modernism!
Old 06-16-2007, 03:39 PM
dcross405

When you say the trx 3.3 is underpowered did you remember that it isn't a big block like the 28's and things like that. I is in all 1/10th scale cars and trucks not 1/8th so it's not gonna have as much power as the big blocks in the other 1/8th cars.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:44 PM
KillerJato

ORIGINAL: ross_jsy

sorry if you thought i was having a go at you, just supporting what i said with a few facts.

hehe i am hoping my lst is about as good as you can get, about £2000 in it now (US$4000)
No your fine. I like my AE and TRX rc, you like your losi lst, the next guy likes Cen. and so on, and thats fine if everybody is happy with what they got.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:11 AM
SAVAGEJIM

I guess the spirit of the thread is to state why you think your favourite car or truck is the best. Everyone speaks from a bias of one sort or another, even someone who runs and tests different cars and trucks. Even when onne is attempting to writre objectively, he/she might have a bias towards or against speed, for example. Therefore, that person would wirte up facts for or against the speed of a vehichle they are testing.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:51 AM
ross_jsy

dcross, what i mean is it is underpowered compared to the other small blocks, compare it to the os 18tz, that produces more power and its a .18 (3.3= .20). also the 3.3 doesn't hold as nice a tune. one final point, it is just a 2.5 with a bigger piston and cylinder. i know when it was released a lot of people where concerned with the con rod snapping, i have not followed the engine so i dont know if this happens though

dont get me wrong! i love the revo, what traxxas did with the small block-small truck is very clever as it gives you very good power to weight ratio and is lighter, so better handling

every truck/car has its faults. look at the muggy! wont go 3 tanks without needing a new clutch and clutch bearings. and the lst isnt my favourite, i just find it a happy medium between everything