Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

the best of the best truck

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 07:05 PM
ricer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the best of the best truck

hi i am looking for a nice truck. i only have about 340 bux to spend on a nice truck that can be used for off road and on road. i need a truck that i could find modifications for it easily and that is really reliable and sturdy so it could take a beating. what would be the best truck like in speed wise on and off road and like where could i find it for the best price? thanks in advanced [8D]
Old 05-10-2007, 09:22 PM
KillerJato

Default RE: the best of the best truck

Go to ebay and you can get a monster truck for 340 used, or a new tower terror out of tower hobbies. If you want 2wd 340 is enough to get you the best staduim truck RC10GT2.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:39 AM
ricer

now are there a lot of hop ups for the RC10GT2? are they easy to find? what about the tower terror i was looking at that to its just that i didnt really moddable to me.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:17 AM
sfar785

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd try and get a new one and stay away from EBay until you knw alot about RC cars. EBay is a good place for people to sell their blown motors and bad electronics for the rc cars...but you can get the RC10GT2 or the Team Losi XXXN-T....Traxxas Nitro Rustler is pretty decent and they have good customer support for when you break somethine they'll more than likely replace a part or 2 for free (they did for me). But that's Stadium Trucks...if you want a Monster Truck, there is the Team Lost Aftershock RTR for $369, Traxxas T-Maxx RTR for $359, RD Logics Wolverine for $349 and all this can be found at [link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Stores/Products.aspx?StoreCatId=C&CatId=CH&Page=3]Horizon Hobby[/link]
Old 05-11-2007, 05:41 PM
ricer

im thinking of getting this one. it caught my eye but the only thing that i wanna know is that if i run this say throught the grass or somthing will the gears strip on it?? because like i have a jato and when i run it through the grass the gears strip like really quick. will that happen with the rustler?? also do you think that madding a maximum st is worth it?? i kinda wanted to make it all aluminum and like put a racing motor in it and make it quick but there is something wrong with the maximum st. like the servo twitches alot and i dont know what it is. i already changed the batteries and t does the same thing. do you think that i needa a new like servo or something? are like the high torque and like those high speed servos and stuff like that worth it?