Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

i have a question

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 12:39 AM
pat10323

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i have a question

if the clutch spring is 2 tight wil that do n e thing or have n e effect on the car
Old 05-14-2007, 01:44 AM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: i have a question

It will take longer for the clutch shoes to ingage the bell housing and drive the spur gear and make the car move. So the car will have to work ten times harder to get the same movement. The motor;s RPMs will go very high before the clutch ingages the bell housing. Does this make any sense to you can you fallow what I am laying down here. Just kidding but you do understand what I mean right?
Old 05-14-2007, 09:23 AM
RCtruckRacer

Well, that's mostly right. The stronger the spring (thicker) the higher the RPM's will have to be before the clutch engages. Going to thicker springs also gives you more punch off the line, as the engine will be closer to the usable power band when the clutch hooks up. It does not have to work harder however - the amount of load on the engine hasn't changed. The only thing that changed is the point where the clutch engages the bell.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:20 PM
pat10323

yea thanks i got it i sorta understood it but u just helped clear it up thanks