Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

An observation about scale sizes....

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Nitro Fumes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An observation about scale sizes....

I was noticing my friend's Losi 8ight and Losi Muggy next to each other on his table. Both are 1/8 scale. The chassis/drivetrain are all the same basic layout/design. Now I know the 8ight is a 1/8 buggy. The Muggy is a Truggy which is a cross between a 1/8 Monster Truck and Buggy. But when you get down to it the Muggy really looks more like it is a 1/7 buggy.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:24 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

Default RE: An observation about scale sizes....

ORIGINAL: Nitro Fumes

I was noticing my friend's Losi 8ight and Losi Muggy next to each other on his table. Both are 1/8 scale. The chassis/drivetrain are all the same basic layout/design. Now I know the 8ight is a 1/8 buggy. The Muggy is a Truggy which is a cross between a 1/8 Monster Truck and Buggy. But when you get down to it the Muggy really looks more like it is a 1/7 buggy.
A full size monster truck is bigger than a full size buggy so scale it down to that.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:22 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: An observation about scale sizes....

In reality the buggy is actually larger than its supposed to be. If you were to compare a full sized offroad truck against a full size buggy you'd see the huge size difference.