Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Traxxas EZ Start

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 11:55 PM
Neverdone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas EZ Start

Does anyone know if the traxxas EZ start electric start system (such as on a Jato) will fit on other engines like specifically the Nitro Star 4.6 from a Savage or the Super Tigre G 27 CX from a Warhead? I have a project going and would like to try and use one of those.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:25 AM
mindwreck

Default RE: Traxxas EZ Start

as long as the one way bearing is the same size. your goign to have to look those up.

word of advice. those ez-starts are pretty poor. lot of people dont' like them and go back to using a pull start than use the ez-start.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:42 AM
alvinm

I removed mine from the jato, but I believe they are a lot better then what they used to be. I remember having all kinds of problems with them in the past.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:55 AM
DaveG55

No, the ez-start will not fit a big block engine. All the Traxxas engines are .20 or smaller. Now maybe if you're real creative you could devise a way to make it fit but it will not just bolt up. I would also question if it has the strength to start a big block engine.
As for their reliability, if it is properly maintained and properly used then it is no more likely to fail than any other starting system. I've used every style of nitro starting system that's been made and the ez-start is by far the most convient starting system. I've currently got three vehicles with the ez-start, one with roto start, one with spin start, 3 with pull starts, 2 that can bump start, one cone start and one with belt start - the ez-starts are my favorites.
You may do some checking, I think that there are other companies that have a system similar to the ez-start but I don't recall who right now. Maybe one of those woud fit a big block engine
Old 05-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Nick2618

what is cone start??
Old 05-23-2007, 04:32 PM
DaveG55

Big, handheld electric motor with an inverted rubber cone on the end that fits over the nose cone of an airplane's propeller. In my case I use it on a nitro outboard boat motor. It's also set up to be a belt starter - which I've also used - but I don't have anything set up to start that way right now.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:04 AM
alvinm

All airplanes start that way, unless you have a big gasser with electric start or use a chicken stick.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:15 AM
DaveG55

Don't forget the Cox planes that use the .049 engine with the spring start. Got my finger nicked many times as a kid starting them that way.