Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Friends vs. RC Cars

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 10:36 PM
Medrivfast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Friends vs. RC Cars

Sounds like your friends are jealous. I say take your R/C's and your friends to a nearby huge open area and let them drive the cars for a few minutes. I'm sure they will then change their minds.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:53 PM
s7jstep1

i first got myt4 and my friends thought it was okay. then i put a mamba in it and their like holy **** then i got my revo. one of my friends bought a xl5 rustler , then he got an 1/8 buggy. then his cousin got a xl5 rusty. just yesterday my other friend got a s-maxxthe hobby spreads like wildfire
Old 05-29-2007, 04:03 PM
FrankB2

One of the first things I do when friends come over for a gathering, is get a TX in their hands[8D]! Everyone gets a big grin on their
face from the first second, and many have bought R/C trucks as a result. Airplanes aren't as easy, so I actually do have people
that question the thrill in that hobby, but they haven't been on a buddy box yet.

When friends' kids are over, I let them use the cars also. I've had neighborhood kids as young as 3 drive my electrics: I generally
have to steer while they hold the TX and control the throttle. They feel they're in control of the car, and get a kick out of it. I do
make more of an effort to kid relatives' kids out to the flying field, so that they can see what's going on and get a little/lot of buddy box
time. I try to arrange dates that coincede with candy drops, and that sort of thing. Also, the adults usually enjoy seeing some of the
better pilots fly.

I love bashing around like a dope as much as the next 45-yr-old guy, but try to do something that requires some skill and looks
interesting for first time adults.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:02 PM
Sacagawea

Who cares what they think, my friends think there pretty cool but if ur friends are bothering you show them what it does then tell em' to shut up. Not only that but if your friends think rc cars that go anywhere from 20-65 mph and get ten foot of air off of jumps and can pop wheelies and do donuts in the dirt, are nerdy? then there jacked up on a joint or something.

In my opinion you make rc what it is, if you make it nerdy then well, but if ya like it go for it!
Old 05-30-2007, 12:52 AM
Codeblack

ORIGINAL: Sacagawea

Who cares what they think, my friends think there pretty cool but if ur friends are bothering you show them what it does then tell em' to shut up. Not only that but if your friends think rc cars that go anywhere from 20-65 mph and get ten foot of air off of jumps and can pop wheelies and do donuts in the dirt, are nerdy? then there jacked up on a joint or something.

In my opinion you make rc what it is, if you make it nerdy then well, but if ya like it go for it!
yea man. rc cars is the least nerdy hobby i know. In my case, I spend a nice chunk of my time on rcs and I gotta admit it prevents me from going out too often, but it sure doesnt alienate me from my friends. Like everyone says, if your friends find it stupid and rip on you for having rc cars to a point you want to hide them... they are NOT your friends buddy

Old 05-30-2007, 06:39 AM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had a few friends give me a hard time about the RC thing. I could not care less what others think of my RC hobby. I find in funny that 99% of the time the people that give me a hard time are the ones that don't have any hobbies of their own. Also I am yet to find one person that has used one of my planes, cars or boats and has not admitted that they are a lot more fun than they thought they would be. My attitude is that it's them that is missing out. I love it.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:34 PM
zimm11

yea most of my friends are like that to but when they see it go and jump they are like [X(][X(]
Old 05-30-2007, 02:35 PM
zimm11

yea most of my friends are like that to but when they see it go and jump they are like [X(][X(]
Old 05-31-2007, 05:15 AM
pugprost

even my girlfriend asked me why im spending money on "stupid toy cars" and not my full size car,so i got out my old electric kyosho ****ter and let her drive it,she wouldnt let go of the Tx till the battery was actually dead!then she asked if she could have it!
anyone who puts it down really hasnt owned or used a decent one..
Old 06-05-2007, 06:54 AM
Kelby90

My parents sometimes disagree when i want to spend my money on a car that i have saved up for. Then when i get it they think it is just a toy but when my dad had a go he loved it, My friends dont take the mick out off the cars, they take the mick out of my Lawn Bowling which is also an expensive hobby for a 15 year old
Old 06-05-2007, 06:26 PM
carmatic1

lawn bowling? is that like the posh sport where they knock the balls with that hammer thing?

::edit:: im just in england and im not english!!!!!! i wasnt born here
Old 06-05-2007, 06:57 PM
rc_racer69

^^^^ isit the same thing as croquete(mind the spelling)
its pronounced "crowkay"
Old 06-05-2007, 09:42 PM
SManMTB

Just get new friends LOL.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:27 AM
The_Lost_Otter

Dude, dont worry. My friends are like " it's so gay why do you drive it?" Then they all leave exsept one every time i drive it, And they want to drive it. My whole padeo was full of kids. I got two kiker ramps and do back flips over them.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:38 AM
ross_jsy

My whole padeo was full of kids
being slightly dyslexic i mis-read that the first time.....see where im going with that haha

and lawn bowling. as far as i can tell you have big black balls, and you roll them and have to get as close to a smaller ball....kinda like curling on grass
Old 06-06-2007, 08:00 AM
Kelby90

Yes lawn Boling is like what ross said basically
Old 06-06-2007, 01:29 PM
marcamarca

well i havent really told my friends about it but i know if i tell them without showing the they will call it gay. and if i tell them the price they will think im crazy.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:32 PM
xkwizt

who cares what they think
Old 06-07-2007, 01:09 PM
webdr

I make fun of my friends for NOT having rc cars!

J/K
Old 06-08-2007, 01:26 AM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of my friends see my cars and radios and parts and their jaws drop at all my stuff. And most of them don't have hobbies at all.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:49 AM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Friends are over rated
RC is under rated
Do the math

Seriously, most people who see the RCs on a shelf or w/e think its a total nerd thing. girls especialy.
But once most poeple see them run, especially nitros, they change their mind.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:00 PM
hkenvy91

lol! my wife thinks it a toy!, thats what she tells our daughter when i get up early on weekends to go race b4 they wake up! (daddy went to go play with his toy cars honey,he'll be home tonight).

my friends think its facinating but they dont do it or bash me about it . i guess because they are mature about things. lmoa, first time they saw my nitro buggy , they were like can we drive it in your living room , they didnt know what they were even looking at!lol
Old 06-08-2007, 06:15 PM
chris_b4

yer my friends make fun of me because i race
but 1 friend got a mini baja they took it to a race track then griped because the jumps werent big enough
he just wants to bash and wreck his car
Old 06-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Nitro212

who cares what they say? i mean whats wrong with being a nerd? i don't have to be like every one else pffft yes many friends and ppl always criticize me cuz of my cars saying they toys ect ect but when i go outside and start it and run it i get a crowd staring at my car and asking me about it pfff ppl are hypocrite thats why i just do what i love and forget the rest
Old 06-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Evader ---> MGT

I tell my friends to shut up b/c they don't know how much it costs. I'll show em an invoice from tower once in a while and they're shocked. Then they see it run... HAHAHAHA! They're faces totally cnage and so does the respect.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.