Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Savage tank problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 05:06 PM
jsf11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage tank problem

I have a savage witha problem.I can't seem to get the fuel tank to prime the carb I have tried all the tricks.
I am running a Dynimate .28 with a pull starter with new fuel tank and new fuel lines.
Once it is started by putting fuel in the carb it runs great!

Old 06-17-2007, 02:11 PM
tmdz28

Default RE: Savage tank problem

use a shorter fuel line
Old 06-17-2007, 04:23 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Default RE: Savage tank problem

ORIGINAL: jsf11

I have a savage witha problem.I can't seem to get the fuel tank to prime the carb I have tried all the tricks.
I am running a Dynimate .28 with a pull starter with new fuel tank and new fuel lines.
Once it is started by putting fuel in the carb it runs great!

For a primerless tank (the one without the black button), simply disconnect the line from the exhaust pipe. Leave the side of this line that is connected to the tank on. Then, put the end that was on the pipe into your mouth and blow. If your line is transparent, you will see fuel start to go into the line that goes from the tank to the engine. One you see the fuel just go into the carb, stop and reconnect the line you were blowing into back onto the pipe. Then start your Savage.