Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

1/10 on road sedans, which one?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 09:02 PM
radarwill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/10 on road sedans, which one?

I want to get into 1/10 scale; a jump from brushless 1/18. My buddy just got a HPI RS4 but I just don't like nitro motors. I need an electric that can compete in our usual parking lot multiple turn track. I have heard that belt drive is out due to belt destruction, so theres 3/4 of the 10 scale inventory rejected. I like the Losi XXX-S but it's kinda cheap and comes with a Novak motor known for "lower spped for handeling". Any options I have overlooked?
Thanks
Old 06-06-2007, 09:13 PM
cheech4

Default RE: 1/10 on road sedans, which one?

are you strictly going to race it? are you looking for a RTR? if you plan to race it, then i have 3 pics for you, AE tc5, Losi Jrxs-R and the hot bodies cyclone, all these cars are the elite of racing, sure you have Xray but these that i named have better aftermarket support. if you plan on getting an RTR. Then i would say get the cyclone S and then upgrade with the parts available to the potent racer cyclone is. if you plan ro bash with it also then you dont want to destroy that beautiful carbon fiber chassis they come in then the choices change a little. more bash worthy but still can be potent racers are. hotbodies cyclone S and the tamiya TA05 both come with a composite tub and you can bash and also race with them, and both can come RTR.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Rs43EVOman

ORIGINAL: radarwill
I have heard that belt drive is out due to belt destruction, so theres 3/4 of the 10 scale inventory rejected.
actually shaft drives are the one sbeing faded out becuase of their torque steer problems, and more and more cars are belt. I got a ta05 a while back for messing around and drifting and i had heard a few things about belt's stripping, and that i wouldnt have to worry about that with a shaft. Its been a while (i got the Ta05 right when it came out) and ive yet to ever strip a belt, and i always run on pebble riden rough pavment, so it really isnt somthing you need to worry about very much. this really dpends on your total price range, and you can't be given good suggestions without this info.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:37 PM
radarwill

Two great comments, thanks. We usually set up a cone track in our local school parking lot. There is the usual light sand and some pebbles. We have a straight around 150' then several left and right turns. I've been steering away from belts since I've heard of the belts getting ruined by the sand/pebbles. The losi xxx-s looks good since you get the performance i want with a belt setup and it's enclosed, but I guess the supplied Novak motor is not that great
I'm also looking to spend around $400 and I have a nice JR radio and RX to drop in. I'm used to the power of the Mamba 6800 in my RC18 and would love that to transfer to a 1/10 scale and have way better handeling too. Can I do it on my budget? No formal racing plans, just a group of guys dodging cones.
Thanks
Old 06-06-2007, 11:34 PM
xkwizt

what ever your local shop stocks the most parts for
Old 06-07-2007, 08:17 PM
irockdude

i'd say get a duratrax...but they only have one on-road rc, and its nitro. it whould be great if they made an electric one.