Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

the manifold keeps getting loose

Old 09-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Nitro212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the manifold keeps getting loose

well i have a small problem the manifold (i dunno if its spelled that way ) keeps getting loose, after a few good runs. i tried already 2 diff type of screws.. and i tighten them really tight.. i even tried using thread lock but no luck, perhaps since the thread lock is removed with heat? and since that area gets pretty hot it don't help? n e ways is there any kind of screws that brings a nut or something to tighten it on both ends?
Old 09-05-2007, 10:32 AM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: the manifold keeps getting loose

There are two solutions to this. If your engine is made where the screw holes go all of the way through the engine then you could easily just buy a longer set of screws and locknuts (the ones with the nylon insert in them).

However if that won't work then the next best thing is to use lock washers on the screws. There are a few different types so you can try each one out and see which works best for you. Your local hardware store should stock them. They may also stock the screws/locknuts that I referred to above. If not they may be able to order them for you. Just make sure you bring your original screws with you so they can be matched up.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Nitro212

yes my engine the holes goes through the engine, is there any screws, you can point me to a link that brings locknut's. well how many mm is the thickness of the screw, for the headers. :/
Old 09-05-2007, 02:14 PM
drevil

I'm not sure, it could be different from engine to engine. What car/engine are you using?

The easiest thing is to goto your local hardware store. Bring the car with you and show them what you're trying to do. I'm certain they'll be able to get you the right screws and locknuts.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:26 PM
drevil

Assuming the car you're speaking of is the RS4 18SS in your profile the exhaust manifold screws are 3x30mm which means they're 3mm screws that are 30mm long. I can't recommend a screw size because I don't know how wide the engine is and whether or not you can fit a locknut on the other side of the engine. However if you bring the car to your local hobby shop or hardware store I'm certain they'll be able to help you out.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Nitro212

uh sorry.. i have an OS 18 cv-rx along with a RDlogic RTR3 tune pipe

as u can see form this pic the screws are long they out
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78524.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	757077