Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

losi 8ight starter box problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 08:12 PM
JaMMiNRacER1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default losi 8ight starter box problems

my losi 8ight starter box burnt up the motors in 3 days i used it....everyone around here are burning them up...anyone have any fixes???...post any other problems here 2
Old 09-12-2007, 01:30 AM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: losi 8ight starter box problems

They are JUNK send it back and get a OFNA one and don't look back.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:54 AM
MT

I have heard of people sending them back to Horizon for new motors.
If you do send it back, keep your tracking number, Horizon lost my friends stuff and mine(two separate packages and addresses).
Good Luck
Old 09-12-2007, 08:10 AM
NJRC

I have the losi 8ight box that I use for both my 8ight-B and 8ight-T and have never had any issues with it including the dual motors. I did rewire it to 12 gauge novak wires.

Those of you who are burning up the motors or say the box sucks cause it can't turn your engines over,.....then you all have tuning issues when it comes to starting an engine cause it takes me just one bump at the wheel for less than 5 seconds to turn over my tight compression engines.

Holding down your flywheel on the bump wheel for more than 10 seconds will burn out your box motors especially if they are not tuned to start right away.

I have seen way too many guys even with ofna chrome top starter boxes still holding their cars down way too long on their starter boxes. Sure their starter box motors might be better, but it really doesn't take much rotation of the flywheel to start a engine.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:15 AM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

Just like any other starter box that uses the two small motors , they are junk IMO . Get the motors replaced under warranty and get rid of it . Buy an Ofna Chrome Top box with the big 12v heavy duty motor . I would think Losi would have had a better box to match the quality of their cars/trucks .