Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Rc truck racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 03:15 PM
rcaracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rc truck racing

if you get fairly good at racing what benifits do you get from it?
Old 01-01-2008, 03:44 PM
37chevy

Default RE: Rc truck racing

unless sponsered, just fun, and bragging rights
Old 01-01-2008, 04:03 PM
MT

It seems the local guys sometimes get some freebies to help support their addiction. As with any sport/hobby, it is very exspensive to compete at a high level, and very few go pro.
Last summer, I was into 1/8 buggy and truggy, but never raced. I got out of it, because I got tired of the enormus exspense and the time required. I am now back to backyard electric and love it, and my wallet does too
Old 01-01-2008, 04:09 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: MT

It seems the local guys sometimes get some freebies to help support their addiction. As with any sport/hobby, it is very exspensive to compete at a high level, and very few go pro.
Last summer, I was into 1/8 buggy and truggy, but never raced. I got out of it, because I got tired of the enormus exspense and the time required. I am now back to backyard electric and love it, and my wallet does too
I have yet to try racing at a semi-local track, but it conflicts with stuff i do, I have to say informal racing is a TON of fun, just call a few friends over, make a track and have fun racing, it is prob very exciting at the pro level, but also alot of hassle when it comes to getting freebies from companies....
Old 01-01-2008, 10:59 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I all most gave up the hobby, as bashing is so boring then I started racing. Like any type of racing you get an adrenalin rush. If you have never tried racing I highly recommend you do try. If the only chose I had was bashing I would be selling all my RC stuff! [X(]
Old 01-01-2008, 11:55 PM
team green

ORIGINAL: 46u

I all most gave up the hobby, as bashing is so boring then I started racing. Like any type of racing you get an adrenalin rush. If you have never tried racing I highly recommend you do try. If the only chose I had was bashing I would be selling all my RC stuff! [X(]

Yes I agree.....
Old 01-02-2008, 12:16 AM
s7jstep1

ORIGINAL: 46u

i have only raced once with a friend and i loved it. hes the only one of my friends who has an rc and he lives about 20 miles away so we dont really get a chance to race, especially because out trucks always seem to be broken at opposite times.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:56 AM
bob5429

just remember rcaracer, the 2 guys that say they enjoy it are sponsored, or so it would seem
Old 01-02-2008, 01:36 AM
RCtruckRacer

I am not sponsored, but I can't get enough. I wouldn't be interested in R/C very much without racing.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:42 AM
calvino

ORIGINAL: RCtruckRacer

I am not sponsored, but I can't get enough. I wouldn't be interested in R/C very much without racing.
wow, yeah, I have to say, bashing is fun, I haven't really raced raced (like real track, tons of people...), yeah, backyard style, but still I find myslef wanting to upgrade this, and that, and oh, this can make it faster.... I also find myself tweaking the track all the time[>:], like it isn't good as is, looking at your sig, that is quite an accomplishment being the NW 1/10 gas truck champ, what do you drive????
Old 01-02-2008, 01:53 AM
Tunderwood93

Yeah Im into rc racing now I have no intrest in bashing anymore , I took my nitro rustler to the local track today to just practice and I must say My Nrusty needs some help. But I did do a front flip 15 feet up in air over the big table top and landed it perfectly on accident. I cant seem to keep the muffler on that thing, I need a new one anyways.

But my mom said my st-1 is at her office Ill finally be able to race
Old 01-02-2008, 09:28 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: bob5429

just remember rcaracer, the 2 guys that say they enjoy it are sponsored, or so it would seem

Take another look now and have you ever run a real race?
Old 01-02-2008, 11:28 PM
Gex_61

bob5429, you obviously have never raced, or had a bad experience while trying to race. That is truly too bad.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:08 AM
RCtruckRacer

This is a nice little piece I have shared before, but it bears repeating.

Original by JP Turner, reprinted with permission:

For those of you who have been racing your RC cars for years, and have a friend or two who you have been trying to get out to the RC tracks, this article is for you. Feel free to forward it to them.

For those of you who are fanatical bashers, and have avoided racing your rc cars at the local track, hear me out, because I have 5 great reasons you should take a run at it.

1) Hanging out with other RC car enthusiasts- You will absorb new ideas on how to keep your RC cars running at peak performance, just by hangin' out in the pits. Not all of them will be good, some could even do more harm than good. but if you are careful who you listen to, you can learn some terrific stuff that will make your ride handle better, run faster, and be more durable.

2) The game within the game- Its not just about racing, and being first in the heats (altho, that is a huge thrill) but its also about pushing the limits of your RC cars, and fighting agianst the track itself in a measureable way. When your bashing, you don't really get a precise way of knowing how fast your vehicle is. When you race, you will actually know to the millisecond what your vehicle, limited by your driving skills, can do.

3) By being at the tracks, you get to see the latest RC technology in action- You can go to the hobby stores and look at boxes of RC cars and buggies all you want. But if you really want to see what a Hot Bodies Lightning Pro or an XRAY T1'FK05 can do, there is no better, and cheaper, way to do it than hang out at the tracks. You get an even better idea when you race against them.

4) Making new friends- Not that you need new friends, but it's great to have a friend who knows RC cars tips and tricks. Someone you can ask questions, or bounce ideas off of. Or catch rides to the track when your full scale car is in the shop.

5) Just like when your bashing and you finally nail that jump you set up in your backyard, mastering a track is a total rush- Everyone will tell you when you first start racing rc cars, just try to do crash free laps. Isn't that essentially what you are doing in your backyard?

Why not take your Monster truck to the track, and do some racing, and see if you can handle the track's jumps and rhythm sections? I bet it will be months before you have a crash free lap. Howse that for a challenge?

If you have put off racing rc cars because it looks intimidating, your worried you will make a fool of yourself, or smash up your car or buggy, or piss off someone by smashing THIER car up... well, your right!! All of that can happen!

In fact, when I first started racing my RC cars, I made every racing mistake there is. I embarassed myself, I smashed my poor little car up, I was totally confused. Frankly, I didn't have much fun.

But, I fought through it, learned from my mistakes, got some great advice, and now I enjoy every weekend at the track. I strongly suggest you give racing a chance. I think it's the best way to enjoy your RC cars hobby.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:30 AM
37chevy

amen to that, ya i just bashed with my jato before, then i said hey lets see what the track is like, man my jato did so bad, it wasnt tuned good, it didnt have traction, guys helped me out with stuff, thats when i saw what truggies could do i mean its a lot of fun going to the track to race. And if you are afraid of losing go on a practice day.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:57 PM
SaVaGe MaN SS

ORIGINAL: RCtruckRacer

This is a nice little piece I have shared before, but it bears repeating.

Original by JP Turner, reprinted with permission:

For those of you who have been racing your RC cars for years, and have a friend or two who you have been trying to get out to the RC tracks, this article is for you. Feel free to forward it to them.

For those of you who are fanatical bashers, and have avoided racing your rc cars at the local track, hear me out, because I have 5 great reasons you should take a run at it.

1) Hanging out with other RC car enthusiasts- You will absorb new ideas on how to keep your RC cars running at peak performance, just by hangin' out in the pits. Not all of them will be good, some could even do more harm than good. but if you are careful who you listen to, you can learn some terrific stuff that will make your ride handle better, run faster, and be more durable.

2) The game within the game- Its not just about racing, and being first in the heats (altho, that is a huge thrill) but its also about pushing the limits of your RC cars, and fighting agianst the track itself in a measureable way. When your bashing, you don't really get a precise way of knowing how fast your vehicle is. When you race, you will actually know to the millisecond what your vehicle, limited by your driving skills, can do.

3) By being at the tracks, you get to see the latest RC technology in action- You can go to the hobby stores and look at boxes of RC cars and buggies all you want. But if you really want to see what a Hot Bodies Lightning Pro or an XRAY T1'FK05 can do, there is no better, and cheaper, way to do it than hang out at the tracks. You get an even better idea when you race against them.

4) Making new friends- Not that you need new friends, but it's great to have a friend who knows RC cars tips and tricks. Someone you can ask questions, or bounce ideas off of. Or catch rides to the track when your full scale car is in the shop.

5) Just like when your bashing and you finally nail that jump you set up in your backyard, mastering a track is a total rush- Everyone will tell you when you first start racing rc cars, just try to do crash free laps. Isn't that essentially what you are doing in your backyard?

Why not take your Monster truck to the track, and do some racing, and see if you can handle the track's jumps and rhythm sections? I bet it will be months before you have a crash free lap. Howse that for a challenge?

If you have put off racing rc cars because it looks intimidating, your worried you will make a fool of yourself, or smash up your car or buggy, or piss off someone by smashing THIER car up... well, your right!! All of that can happen!

In fact, when I first started racing my RC cars, I made every racing mistake there is. I embarassed myself, I smashed my poor little car up, I was totally confused. Frankly, I didn't have much fun.

But, I fought through it, learned from my mistakes, got some great advice, and now I enjoy every weekend at the track. I strongly suggest you give racing a chance. I think it's the best way to enjoy your RC cars hobby.

ha right on man, i raced a savage at races all over my area and it did very well for a monster. when i started to race truggys and 1/10 stadiums i was amazed how good i got from driving a monster around.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:01 PM
TrRCER

wiht out any kind of sponser ship rc racing can be very difficult to the pocket book but in my oppinion it is well worth it would you rather have everything given to you and in term be spoiled or would you rather say you earned or worked for everything on your truggy buggy or whatever to me it is a better feeling to say i earned my racing gear rather than saying all this was given to me yea being sponsered is good but then you get spoiled