Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

HELP!!!rs4 3 evo + problem!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 06:58 AM
kbkraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!rs4 3 evo + problem!

i have an hpi rs4 3 evo + with the stage d kit. i installed an os 12 tz(5) and hot bodies centax clutch kit. on my 2nd day running it with the new engine and clutch system, my car just changed the way it runs.... i had to press on my throttle up to halfway before my car starts running(i mean the spur gears and tire to start spinning). my enginne needs to rev very high in order to move.i really don't know what seems to be the problem. though from the outside it seems ok. is it on the centax clutch? i did some tweaks on both my centax clutch and slipper clutch but nothing happens. or would it be the spring inside the centax clutch holding the clutch shoes? please help asap.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:24 PM
gasdriverca

Default RE: HELP!!!rs4 3 evo + problem!

ORIGINAL: kbkraft

i have an hpi rs4 3 evo + with the stage d kit. i installed an os 12 tz(5) and hot bodies centax clutch kit. on my 2nd day running it with the new engine and clutch system, my car just changed the way it runs.... i had to press on my throttle up to halfway before my car starts running(i mean the spur gears and tire to start spinning). my enginne needs to rev very high in order to move.i really don't know what seems to be the problem. though from the outside it seems ok. is it on the centax clutch? i did some tweaks on both my centax clutch and slipper clutch but nothing happens. or would it be the spring inside the centax clutch holding the clutch shoes? please help asap.
It sounds to me that it's the centax clutch.....the spring might not be strong enough!!! try and get the orange or red colored spring for your clutch,the silver ones don't seem to be strong enough.
It also varies on the power of the engines the OS tz are a good strong engine so my best guess would be the clutchspring. try and look at the 'K-factory' web site and look up the centax clutch,it explains about the springs.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:50 PM
oneofakindtrini

Default RE: HELP!!!rs4 3 evo + problem!

i have that same problem with my rs4 3 evo + ....