Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

wheels bouncing at higher speeds

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 10:25 AM
chadr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheels bouncing at higher speeds

Just picked up a used 1/10 Cen Racing Magnum NX Nitro Truggy the other day. It has some monster truck tires on it. When the truck shifts into 2nd gear and gets moving on the street the tires shake like crazy. Do I need lower profile or harder tires to run it at high speeds? Tires appear to be on the rims evenly. There is a bit of slop built into the rear wheel linkage that may be allowing this. The upper adjustable suspension rod seems like it could be a little loose. Is it designed that way?
Old 01-21-2008, 10:37 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: wheels bouncing at higher speeds

Water or dirt probably got into the tyres making them unbalanced. The only real way to sort this out is to remove the tyres from the rims, clean & dry the foams and mount them back up.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:56 AM
BUCKY0315

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: wheels bouncing at higher speeds

I too have a similar problem. I have the Evader EXT factory wheels no foam insert. It mainly does it on pavement. My friend suggested a heavier shock oil 50 Wt. Haven't made the change just yet cuase I am mainly on dirt.

Alex