Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

New to nitro, New nitro car

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 05:58 AM
PottaCoola

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to nitro, New nitro car

HI im new to nitro cars and iv just got a thunder tiger bmw m3 that i built from a magaine i collected over 2 years, i know (why didnt i just buy one). Iv got it all set up and iv started the engine, but what iv noticed is when i rev it and sometimes in idle the fule is coming out the exhaust like its spitting. Is this normal or do i need tomess with the carburetor a bit more to stop this?

Thanks
Old 02-10-2008, 08:03 AM
wave waker

Default RE: New to nitro, New nitro car

ORIGINAL: PottaCoola

HI im new to nitro cars and iv just got a thunder tiger bmw m3 that i built from a magaine i collected over 2 years, i know (why didnt i just buy one). Iv got it all set up and iv started the engine, but what iv noticed is when i rev it and sometimes in idle the fule is coming out the exhaust like its spitting. Is this normal or do i need tomess with the carburetor a bit more to stop this?

Thanks
for me there's a few factors that causes that..during starting the engine kinda normal to have fuel spitted from the exhaust due to excess fuel sitting somewhere in the engine and pipe, but if the engine has been running for awhile and still spitting fuel possibly it's rich mixture adjustment needs to lean it or possibly fuel has a higher oil content that engine can't burn it during combustion process so need to check fuel oil content...my 2cents.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:35 AM
PottaCoola

Thanks for the reply i was wonderin if some one would help, i havent run the car fully yet just settin the idle speed and reving the engine but ill run the car and see if its still happenin and get back to ya. thanks for ya help.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:52 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The engine needs to be tuned on the rich side for breakin - so what you're experiencing is perfectly normal. Once it's broken in and tuned performance you'll have much less unburnt fuel & oil coming out of the stinger.

It's a TS-4 i take it?
Old 02-10-2008, 08:53 PM
PottaCoola

Cool as long as i aint doin anything wrong lol. Yep its a TS-4n i didnt even know the model till i looked on utube and seen other ppl with the same car as mine. I wanna get into racing but not found any race clubs near where i live.