Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Himoto suggestion box

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Swamp3r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Himoto suggestion box

LMAO
Old 03-12-2009, 11:25 PM
Redharris

ORIGINAL: Swamp3r

LMAO
Me too!
[sm=lol.gif]
Old 03-13-2009, 12:38 AM
kuppler

ORIGINAL: Wildeman007

Hey Eddie, got an idea for ya. 1/10 scale RC truck... around 300cc Fuel tank..... 2, count them 2, .28 sh motors!!!. Oh you can put some servos and wheels and maybe a reciever on it if you want.
you on CRACK BRO ?????? HAHAHAHAHA
Old 03-13-2009, 12:45 AM
Wildeman007

Maybe.... who wants to know?!??!?
Old 03-16-2009, 03:16 AM
Hibityhupla!

heya..long time no talk....got a quick question....has there been a pro version of the ep cars put out yet or is there plans for it? ive seen the ones that are brushless but curious if there's any plans for a solid aluminum/carbon fiber one yet...kids have been bugging me that mine are nicer then theirs..just trying to save a few bucks..lol

working on a couple new ones too...ill send some pics when i get them together

i thought himoto had gear problems.....i just got a micro-t...went brushless/lipo and the diff blew out after 10ft of driving..makes himoto look good...lol
Old 03-16-2009, 07:07 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we will have brushless versions of our new mega e's.

I think our gears a pretty good, i havent had much of a problem with them.

Hows things going?
Old 03-16-2009, 07:01 PM
Hibityhupla!

i never really had a problem with the stock gears until i upgraded engines...i remember every once in a while the tranny would pick up a rock and with the stock engine it would lock up like i hit the brakes but after throwing something more powerful in there it would force its way through and destroy the gears...still running same single speeds i got last spring....no problems since the switch..

i was talking a pro-version of the ep's like the old bb or hurricane pro's....(i know...that was redcat...lol) if my boys are anything like me they will break everything plastic on the car...lol

everythings been good here...still too much snow on the ground to drive yet...just building more and more until i can....nothing else to do in this small town unless i go to the bar and that lost it's fun a long time ago..lol

how have things been for you? any new projects going?
Old 03-16-2009, 07:04 PM
ehroof

Nothing new really for me, Himoto has some new stuff in the works, short course truck etc. The new mega E's have some covers on the spur gears setup.

We dont offer anything that is upgraded already in electric.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:04 PM
Hibityhupla!

how about a upgrade kit? seen a few around for HSP and Redcat nitro's.....would definitely love to see something similar for the ep's
Old 03-16-2009, 08:07 PM
ehroof

good suggestion!!! I will pass it along.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:11 PM
Hibityhupla!

did they ever make a small ep car? got a ton of parts from my nitro one....never could get it to go fast [&o]......just thinking if they did i would pick one up and use most of my parts on it instead of letting them sit in a bag..lol
Old 03-21-2009, 11:20 PM
firebird78

never could get a nitro to go fast??..what do u call fast?....all I have is nitro..,,and my nitro's will flat get with it
Old 03-21-2009, 11:33 PM
Swamp3r

I have to agree with Randy all of my nitro's are fast even my rascal is and the motor is dieing.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:28 AM
ehroof

He is talking about the 1/16 nitro
Old 03-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Hibityhupla!

yeppers...the 1/16 went a max of 24mph with alot of work.....fastest i got a nitro to go was 55mph after swapping motors and changing gearing as much as i could (not counting my 4tec or rocket car). 4tec was around 65mph and never did get a radar on the rocket car..i would put money on around 75mph on that rocket car...went like hell until it hit the ditch and destroyed itself..lol

as far as ep's i built a real cheapo (heng long lightning) that went 24mph stock....after swapping to brushless/lipo i pulled 48-50mph on stock gearing (runs a 1m pinion and spur..hard to find). not saying 50mph is great but thats a single speed vs. 2speed nitro's and it will pull it everytime(no tuning). after playing with that one i was hooked...i rebuilt my revo brushless and built 3 more cars...never got a chance to run any of the new ones yet...still waiting on snow to melt

nothing against nitro..i do love them...but ep's have a couple advantages for me

1. noise....i live in a town where the average age is 60+..not many like the roar of nitro...a few older guys like them but their wifes will stand on the other side of the road frowning at me..lol
2. tuning...gotta love the fact all you do is plug in the battery and go...no more running as fast as i can to flip the car over before it dies..and always runs at peak performance
3. cost of upkeep...notice i didn't just say cost...the initial cost of ep's if done good is outrageous..chargers, batteries, lipo bags, etc.......but once you own that stuff what cost do you have besides the occasional spur gear.....nitro is kinda a pain for me...gotta order fuel online or drive hours away to get to the closest hobby shop..plugs are easy enough to come by but the fuel was killing me..

starting to kick myself in the butt for getting into rc's...switched to them from real cars after thinking cost would be less for a hobby...after building tons of rc's and adding up total cost i could have either bought a brand new car or built one the way i wanted.....oh well...can't jump a honda....but i can jump over a honda with my rc..lol

hey ehroof...you have seen most of what i've built...just for fun..what do you think i have sunk into rc?
Old 03-23-2009, 06:49 AM
ehroof

bro, you have to have over 15k into them bro.

Dont feel bad, you ever see my collection? LOL
Old 03-26-2009, 06:10 PM
Hibityhupla!

i know...thank god for your collection....makes it easier to talk the wife into another car when i show her yours..lol

the wife says ive spent over 22k since i started....i was guessing around 15k too....she keeps the records...guess she would know
Old 03-26-2009, 08:31 PM
ehroof

i would belive it, I dont even know what i have invested and I dont want to know.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:16 PM
Hibityhupla!

heya...did himoto release a new version of their 1/10 buggy? saw some pics on ebay..looks pretty cool but why go all plastic...even a little aluminum is better then none...lol

ehroof...kids love their cars now...they both run that traxxas velineon set with 9.6v 4500mah nimh batteries...gotta admit i was impressed with that little buggy...the truggy does have the advantage of going over rougher surfaces but the buggy would smoke it..same batteries and all.. the truggy seems to draw the battery dead a lot faster too..that normal? my oldest wants a buggy now so they can race..sounds familiar...probably be getting a hold of you soon..lol

still kinda holding out to see if i can ever grab a pro version ep....otherwise i'm gonna have a heck of a parts list for you

never did get an answer from you on the 1/16...any plans for a ep? would love to find a use for all those aluminum parts i have
Old 05-21-2009, 03:14 PM
Hibityhupla!

was gonna try to convert my 1/16 into an ep but cant make it all fit..lol.....i can make the motor, esc, receiver and servo in there but have no room for batteries unless i build a tray on top of the tranny..tried the smaller ep sets i have but the only way i found to make it work was with a 1/10 scale kit (only 1m pinion i have is for 1/10 shaft).....anyways, since that didn't work out im gonna strip it down to almost nothing and rebuild it into my new rocket car..lol....i figure ill mount 4 small rockets on the back and one big one raised up to clear the shock tower in the center..have no engine or tranny so there should be plenty of room...guessing ill do it as a three stage...first switch on reverse, second on forward and third on the reverse transmission switch...should be interesting....only way i can think to make this poor little thing fast.....give me a couple weeks to figure it out and ill send you pics/video when i get done...should have enough parts laying around to make it work..we'll see
Old 05-21-2009, 04:14 PM
ehroof

sorry bro that i didnt reply to your other post,  the new electrics are nice, i like running them, i put the himoto brushless in them, they are like rockets, even the older models like the zmoto are crazy with a brushless set up in them.  We will be offering a brushless version of them in the future but not a pro/aluminum version.  Shoot some video for me too see of the kids running them, we still dont offer the 1/16 ep's here, maybe one day and if so, you will be the first to know!!!!

How is everthing else going?

Old 05-21-2009, 04:29 PM
firebeast

When is Himoto going to start offering something similar to those awesome super grippy buggy tires that other companies offer?  I like the tires I've got, but just in case I find terrain that doesn't like them, I may want a different style.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:41 PM
ehroof

what type of tires and which scale buggy?

Old 05-21-2009, 04:53 PM
Hibityhupla!

got some video of the kids...have more soon..schools out for them tomorrow so im sure we'll be running all the time...besides the first dvd i sent you i probably have another 3hrs of tape and still dont have most of my cars on there..lol...have like 3 more dvd's to fill up then ill start to edit out the bad stuff (running problems, etc..)

quick question...do the pinions have a special size set screw?  for some reason i dont seem to have one that will work right...can only get it so tight before my wrench will just strip it..thank god for loc-tite..lol

everything else is going good...getting awful bored in this little town but what do i expect with a population under 200 people and 80% of them are over 65..lol...give it 10 years and i could probably buy most of the town..already thinking about buying the bar (just came up for sale)...not sure it would be worth it with so few people but gotta admit it would be fun to own a bar

how are things going for you?  everything good?  when i send you some video do you want my spares from my 1/16?  after i swap it to a rocket car i wont need a lot...

Old 05-21-2009, 05:02 PM
Hibityhupla!

almost forgot....got one of those mini picco motors for you too...no use for it really....only got the first tank on the break in on it...but if you can use it then its yours

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.