Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

story time!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 06:22 PM
supamagician

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default story time!!!

well, today i was over at my grandparents house driving my rustler. while i was out there, there was a guy outside, it looked like he was moving in. when i was done, i put my rustler up. we went back outside and were looking for something and the guy asked if i lost a part. i told him no and then he says well if you ever need any help with your car, let me know, I RACE PROFFESIONALY FOR KYOSHO AND XRAY!!!!!!! and i guess for proof, he showed me a kyosho shirt. ha. i talked to him for a while. i didnt catch his last name but his first was roger.

well thanks for reading
Old 06-07-2008, 06:37 PM
calvino

Default RE: story time!!!

ORIGINAL: supamagician

well, today i was over at my grandparents house driving my rustler. while i was out there, there was a guy outside, it looked like he was moving in. when i was done, i put my rustler up. we went back outside and were looking for something and the guy asked if i lost a part. i told him no and then he says well if you ever need any help with your car, let me know, I RACE PROFFESIONALY FOR KYOSHO AND XRAY!!!!!!! and i guess for proof, he showed me a kyosho shirt. ha. i talked to him for a while. i didnt catch his last name but his first was roger.

well thanks for reading
DANG your lucky, a friend of mine, his grandmother lived next to the house owned by Greg Degani, try and get his last name, dang, what a score
Old 06-07-2008, 06:45 PM
andrewtexas123

Intresing! good story and yea your lucky..

Andrew
Old 06-07-2008, 09:40 PM
supamagician

yeah i will try to go over there one day and get his last name
Old 06-07-2008, 09:45 PM
calvino

yeah i will try to go over there one day and get his last name
nice, be nice to him, heck, if your nice you never know what you can get, also ask him how he got started.....[8D]
Old 06-07-2008, 09:47 PM
supamagician

haha yeah. my friend told me i should try to get a free car haha. i guess you guys post up questions you might want me to ask and i will try. i dont want to bombard him though
Old 06-07-2008, 09:50 PM
calvino

haha yeah. my friend told me i should try to get a free car haha. i guess you guys post up questions you might want me to ask and i will try. i dont want to bombard him though
yeah, be nice, ask him questions, like when he is racing next... things like that, heck, grow your friendship... pros like that shure can know alota stuff[8D], heck, he was nice enough to say that he was a racin dude, show back some kindness to him, maybe offer to clean his cars... heck, ya never know, also ASK if you can touch stuff, big thingie, you never know if somethins sensivitve to touchinig, ha, and use common sense to[8D]
Old 06-07-2008, 09:54 PM
ProRCRacer88

That must be nice, he could give you all kinds of tips and hints on anything about racing. And when those pro racers go to sell their stuff they sell it for little or nothing and you know your getting a top of the line setup for cheap when you by from the hardcore racers.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:29 PM
hands without shadows

He's not on the Kyoso list.

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/raceteam.php?location=TX
Old 06-07-2008, 10:30 PM
supamagician

i did see that. but i guess you never know. what about the xray team?
Old 06-07-2008, 10:33 PM
hands without shadows

I couldn't find a page of Xray drivers []
Old 06-07-2008, 10:44 PM
supamagician

here. i found this page it is of a race in victoria texas and of course, we live here in texas. http://www.rceasy.com/2008/05/02/tex...eries-round-2/ look at the buggy final list. the name roger ayers is #7. again, i dont know his last name though, but he did tell me he raced 1/8 nitro soo...
Old 06-07-2008, 11:36 PM
sloppyG

ORIGINAL: hands without shadows

are you claiming that any guy could just buy a kyosho shirt?

I mean, the guy had a shirt, it doesn't get any more official than a shirt!
Old 06-07-2008, 11:52 PM
supamagician

dude i was just saying, i mean what are the odds that you meet a guy and he happens to be a racer. i mean i seriously doubt that he bought a shirt thinking hmm i might one day meet someone and tell them im a racer. besides it said kyosho team driver on it
Old 06-08-2008, 12:00 AM
calvino

dude i was just saying, i mean what are the odds that you meet a guy and he happens to be a racer. i mean i seriously doubt that he bought a shirt thinking hmm i might one day meet someone and tell them im a racer. besides it said kyosho team driver on it
heck for all i care, he is maybe a pit guy or he is new or somethin, i mean, where can yu get a shirt that says "kyosho team driver dude" on it[>:]
Old 06-08-2008, 12:03 AM
supamagician

but like i said, he also races for xray. look at that link i posted. his name is on the buggy finals, #7
Old 06-08-2008, 04:31 PM
calvino

but like i said, he also races for xray. look at that link i posted. his name is on the buggy finals, #7
dang, well, be ya best when you come on over, don't bug the poor guy
Old 06-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Specialzed
Banned
My Feedback: (2)

I really dont belive any of this. Just me.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:24 PM
jtnktz
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: calvino

yeah, be nice, ask him questions, like when he is racing next... things like that, heck, grow your friendship... pros like that shure can know alota stuff[8D], heck, he was nice enough to say that he was a racin dude, show back some kindness to him, maybe offer to clean his cars... heck, ya never know, also ASK if you can touch stuff, big thingie, you never know if somethins sensivitve to touchinig, ha, and use common sense to[8D]
Exactly look at Karate Kid. He waxed on waxed off those cars and ended up with one of 'em.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Nitro Fumes

That's nice. Back in the 80's when I first got into this hobby, it was racing 1/8 on road nitro (we called it gas back then). I joined up with a new club that was forming. In it was a father and son team that were Team Associated drivers. They were great guys to get help from. I was running an Associated RC500 (as were most of us) and they always had these prototype factory parts to try out. They were the first ones running 2-speeds. Anyway, in '87 the son, won the world championship in Holland. They were Pete and Repete (Pete Jr.) Fusco.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:01 PM
hkenvy91

ORIGINAL: hands without shadows

ha! 2 of my fellow racers are on the list ! anthony/va and brian/maryland

im runnin a variation of brians setup right now!
Old 06-11-2008, 12:21 PM
supamagician

i talked to him again yesterday. the reason hes not on the kyosho list is because about 2 months ago he traded from kyosho to xray. anyways, this saturday im going over there. he is going to solder a wire back onto my stepdads rustler for me, put some shock oil in the front shocks. also i was telling him about the fried ESC wires on my e-firestorm, so he said he is going to give me an LRP ESC that he has because he doesnt run any electric
Old 06-11-2008, 02:58 PM
yzfr191
My Feedback: (2)

Well, thats really cool of him to do that stuff for you.

I guess he wants to help out some younger people who are interested in RC to keep the hobby alive. Not that its having trouble or anything, unless you live where I do...[&o]
Old 06-11-2008, 03:28 PM
ozium

Good opportunity to get yourself into some professional level racing. Hang with this dude for awhile and you'll probably get invited to go to events that the rest of us just wish we could go to.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:19 AM
calvino

ORIGINAL: ozium

Good opportunity to get yourself into some professional level racing. Hang with this dude for awhile and you'll probably get invited to go to events that the rest of us just wish we could go to.
totally, dang, he sounds nice, ha, next thing you know he will give you a new car , ya, well, good luck man, keep us posted[8D]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.