Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Syclone onroad car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 11:58 AM
Cam_132

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Syclone onroad car?

Hey

I am planing on makeing my buggy into a on-road racer! i am going to get 1/8 or large 1/10 scale tires and rims with what every hex i can find that will fit.

what will be going into it...

2 speed hpi clutch bell 17T - 22T
Sh-18 engine
Road tires
thicker shock oil
Paint for my new body (i am thinking of a candy apple red with neon green flames? what do you think?)
and i may be geting a Spektrum DX2 or a Futaba 3PM 2.4GHz (it is the spektrum i will be geting used or the futaba i will be geting new)
Hitec HS-925MG (Super fast and good torque)

This thing will rip... all i have to do is lower it and put thicker oil in the shocks

what elts should i get becides that..

this is what i alredy have on it.
i have Alu. shocks, upgraded shock towers, Fuel filter, alu, tuned pipe, tuned header, Throtal return spring, alu. airfilter, and all new fuel lines and fuel filter, Futaba T2PH radio, a hitec HS-425bb steering servo, and a futaba s3003 throtal servo...

If there is anything elts you should think i should get just tell me...

i am geting the sh-18 from a frend free (end of school present, That is my kind of present!)

i cant wate till i get it all, it will rip so fast! when this thing is done Who wants to challenge me!
Old 06-23-2008, 12:17 PM
Cam_132

Default RE: Syclone onroad car?

well i did take it to my local track and it is not very good on it... and i landed under some power about 5 times and striped the spur gear, so i am going to make it into a on road

it for sure will go very fast!
Old 06-23-2008, 12:17 PM
bluecaka69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Idea But waste of Money
Just buy an onraod car then upgarde
why spend the money to convert eveything to onroad PLUS still upgrade
I think macanan (spelling in sure Of ) did it and he had like 600 dollars into it when you could just buy a car and upgarde it.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Cam_132

Cory

if i dont get the 2.4Ghz radio (wich i will need regardless on road or not) and the servo, the bill will be about 50 to 100$ wich is not bad and it needs a new engine and tires, so insted of geting the proper ones just get onroad tires insted of the off road ones.... the other things are a must!

and mark also made it into a tsunami (sory but i mentioned it i have discraced the thred) this is not a big change
Old 06-23-2008, 01:09 PM
ehroof

you wouldn't be able to use an on road body on it unless you changed the shock towers, body mounts etc. also the a arms are too long i would think so you would have to change them too along with the dogbones. Unless you kept the buggy the way it was and just changed the tires.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:25 PM
Cam_132

that is exactily what i am talking about

i have a new clear syclone buggy body... all i realy need is the engine and the tires... and that is about it...
Old 06-23-2008, 05:16 PM
bluecaka69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok tat makes more sense basically a buggy with on road tires Gotcha