Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

rc hydraulic system?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 02:48 PM
RcDrifter122

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rc hydraulic system?

Hi everyone..just seen a video on youtube of a rc with a hydraulic system?
anybody know where i can get one of them?

thx

RcDrifter122

__________________________________________________ ______________

if you can dream it,you can do it
Old 08-09-2008, 03:41 PM
jkdv8
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: rc hydraulic system?

build one. those are probably more than likely custom. just need a car four channel (six channel if want to drive it to) radio and four servos.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Doonagoowin

Unless you're only going to be using the car for show, it would be a complete waste of time and effort in my opinion.

There is no way to make the electronics control a hydraulic system that would be allow the car to drive normally.
The spring and oil shocks will not work without some out of the world pinching system.
I'm not sure how air shocks work, but I'm sure it would end up the same.

But if you decide to go for it, good luck!
Old 08-09-2008, 08:54 PM
zjwhitrock

XRC did it, I might just have the issue, they put the servo over the shock so it still had suspention
Old 08-09-2008, 08:57 PM
hands without shadows

There is no way to make the electronics control a hydraulic system that would be allow the car to drive normally.
Guess that RC he saw on Youtube didnt control the car properly then? An RC hydrostatic vehicle is perfectly feasable. Check out the construction parts of these sites:

http://www.gardentrucking.com/
http://www.wedico.de/eng/

Too expensive for me though.

Seems like every guy from Denmark/Switzerland/Germany on an RC forum has a full machine shop in his garage. You could probably build one [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 08-09-2008, 10:47 PM
Doonagoowin

Hands, those construction vehicles are not used like normal shocks that are used for handling. The only way that will move is when electronically activated.
When put into use in a touring car or truck, it will be a stiff suspension, and a very very bumpy ride.
That is why I said it would be a waste of time and/or effort unless it is going to be a show vehicle.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:59 PM
hands without shadows

I think we need to establish what he meant by "hydraulic." I guess you assumed suspension, I assumed drive and motion. When you said drive I assumed moving under its own power at different speeds, I now think you meant handling. With a name like Rcdrifter 122 your assumption was probably right.

If he meant suspension and the car had a tether it probably used little motors, springs, and wires. If it was an actual RC it probably used servos to move the shock towers.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:07 PM
jkdv8
My Feedback: (1)

you dont actually have to use scale hydraulics. you use the servos. just need them to be quick and powerful enough to actually get the car to "jump". one at each wheel, one for throttle, and one for steering. you could connect the shocks to them for a smoother ride. or if it didnt weight to much just use the servo savers for the shocks. connect a plastic arm to servo saver and let it ride on top of the lower suspension arm. would be kind of an expensive setup though.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:06 AM
Doonagoowin

I still don't see how it would work. If you try to jump the suspension, wouldn't you have to have the spring slightly compressed, but still allow the spring room to move up?
Old 08-10-2008, 12:18 AM
sfar785

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he probably saw the XXX Main video where they had the toy Impala with hydraulics and they were driving around with it. It's just a toy R/C that you could buy from Toys R' Us or Radio Shack, it only had little switches that raised the body up.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:03 AM
RcDrifter122

yeah thats a lot of answers but i saw once on ebay that you could buy a fully functional ''low rider'' system for your rc..what i really meant to do with the system is to get the front of the car to take off and then accelerate so the car would pop a wheelie..saw that on youtube too..but also just normal systems that would get the car to jump..for example i saw a rc on streetfire and it jumped several inches up in the air and the guy had a remote control to the car..i mean you can't really create all that by yourself can you?on the remote he had 5 buttons with arrows..one up one down one left and one right and then he had one where it was a cloud and then the car jumped very high?

so you have got to be able to buy systems from some where?