Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Which one?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Mambamonster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which one?

Hi my cousin is getting into R/c's but he doesn't know if to get a electric or a nitro. He likes both but just needs some facts about the two. Can you guys help him figure it out? Thanks.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:24 PM
Frozenshade

Default RE: Which one?

Electric has to be charged and has less run time, but no fuel, no noise and no mess.

Nitro you can just gas and go for as long as you want, but the engine requires more precise tuning.

Depends on your preference, I've aways been a nitro guy.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:41 PM
Mambamonster

Well knowing hes a rookie to the real r/c world I told him your better off starting out with electric first than nitro when your a newb.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:50 PM
My Name Is Brad

calvin will blow his head off with a nitro.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Mambamonster

Yeah thats what I told him too but hes like no no no I'll be able to do it. I also told him their messy if you don't take care of them right and can be very expensive too if you don't know what your doing.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:45 PM
Frozenshade

ORIGINAL: MERCEDESTURBO

Yeah thats what I told him too but hes like no no no I'll be able to do it. I also told him their messy if you don't take care of them right and can be very expensive too if you don't know what your doing.
I guess it just depends on how crafty he is. I have never driven an electric in my life ( I'm 16 and this is my first nitro) and I have handled it with not much trouble.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:57 PM
RCCCS

ORIGINAL: MERCEDESTURBO

Hi my cousin is getting into R/c's but he doesn't know if to get a electric or a nitro. He likes both but just needs some facts about the two. Can you guys help him figure it out? Thanks.
here check out this link it should help.[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7826024/anchors_7826024/mpage_1/key_nitro%252Celectric/anchor/tm.htm#7826024[/link]
Old 08-15-2008, 11:44 PM
Mambamonster

Ha same here
Old 08-16-2008, 01:08 PM
drdsanders

They both have their pros and cons. It depends on what scale (size) and where (track, back yard, street, parking lot, etc.) and budget.
Scale...1/10th Electric is the way to go. 1/8th Nitro currently has the edge, though electrics are rapidly gaining. Budget...An electric with brushless motor and lipo batteries will cost about the same as Nitro.
Runtime...In my 10th scale last wk I raced a 30min A-main (against Nitros) on 1 battery and have ran up to 45min with it. 8th scale electrics have the power but because 8th scales are 4wd and heavier, electric runtimes are currently much shorter. Until runtimes improve drastically electrics will lose to their nitro counterparts.
10th scale...Electrics a no brainer
8th scale...Go Nitro