Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

NitroRazor won't go....

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 12:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NitroRazor won't go....

So last night I broke down the engine completely, pulled all the parts off and cleaned, re-oiled them. I put em back the way they were and even used new engine mounting screws. I oiled it up, pulled the starter a few times (without the plug in) to cycle the oil through the engine...put the plug in, made sure my starter was charged, filled the tank and headed out to run. Pulling the starter was real easy this time (as opposed to when I first got the car) and it started like a dream. Messed with the throttle a bit to ensure it was working (I was holding the car above the ground so it wouldn't go) and put it down. I gave it gas, and it didn't want to move. I saw the flywheel spinning, but the first two gears just wouldn't go. I cut off the car, and attempted to turn the gears by hand, they spun fine, even turned the main gears and the wheels started to roll. So I figure, okay nothings binding them up, put it back down, started it up, gassed it and still no go. I went WOT and it was purring along, white smoke was coming out the exhaust, but the flywheel would just spin and spin without turning the drive gears.

I had broken down the engine, and put one of the gears back on the engine (see previous thread I have where the gear won't stay). I used a little bit of loc-tite on the threads and made sure it didn't get anywhere else on the engine, which it didn't. I can't think of what I did wrong aside from when I put the engine back, is it possible I have it too close to the drive shaft gears and they're binding up? But then why would they spin freely when done by hand?

Any ideas?
Old 05-22-2003, 06:46 PM

doh nobody knows? I'm going home in a bit and I'll probably take a look at it tonight. ANy ideas before I have my go at it :0
Old 05-22-2003, 06:55 PM

I read another thread where someone was saying if the starter was easy to pull there might be no compression/losing compression in the engine. What happens if this is the case? Would the engine even turn over?

Reason I ask is I'm having the problems with mine listed above, and when I pull the starter it's easier then it was when I first got the car to turn it over and get it running. But I can pull the starter and the car will start and run, I can throttle it but get nothing, the flywheel spins but the drive gears wont. Could this be a compression issue somewhere because I took the engine apart and cleaned it?
Old 05-22-2003, 07:48 PM

might be your flywheel shoes (there inside the clutch bell) take off the bell and see if youe shoes need replacing theyll be semi melted if they need replacing
Old 05-23-2003, 12:23 AM

ahh okay I'll check that out. Also I seem to just be having loads of trouble with this car. Should I take it to the local hobby shop and have them work on it? I mean like I can't seem to get any power out of it unles I'm WOT and even then it starts to choke the engine.

I never should have bought used I guess
Old 05-23-2003, 01:21 AM

yup sounds like dead clutch....easy fix.

and i agree about used cars....it sux
Old 05-23-2003, 02:23 AM

i know what you mean i just purchased a MBX-4 used....PUH! but suprisingly it doesnt need $$$ work it needs work work
Old 05-23-2003, 02:25 AM

oh for the engine power problems you might want to consider just buying a new .12 engine but take my advise pull start is SSSSOOOOOO much easyer or you could allways re sleeve the engine but i doubt it would be worth it
Old 05-27-2003, 01:53 PM

Originally posted by soapsuds43
might be your flywheel shoes (there inside the clutch bell) take off the bell and see if youe shoes need replacing theyll be semi melted if they need replacing
anyone got pics fo the shoes so I knwo what I'm looking for? I'm afraid the folks at the tower hobby by me aren't the most knowledgeable..

heh