Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Failsafe Idea...

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Failsafe Idea...

Not sure if there is even anything like this, but I keep reading about how all these people are putting failsafes and whatnot on their cars/trucks to keep them from running off in the event of battery power loss or failed transmitter, etc. Is there such a failsafe that doesn't effect the throttle but the steering? Much like some of the waterski's that when you fall off/let go it just spins in circles? I keep reading about how the throttle failsafes aren't that great because they can cause issues/damage? Wouldn't this make more sense?
Old 05-29-2003, 05:13 PM

Default Failsafe Idea...

my futaba fail safe will do just that,it all in how you set it up,it has a screw type setting on it,if on the throttle i can set it to full brakes or if put on the steering it can go all left or right.i prefer mine on the throttle for a couple of reasons,id rather it stop then spin out just in case it flips over,i can just turn off my radio and it will slow down.if it does go out of range then it stops,if it were to turn it could be turning right into a wall on the track,its just a matter of preference really,and your conditions in which you play.i play around a lot of walls so turning is not a good ideal for me.
Old 05-29-2003, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Failsafe Idea...

Originally posted by jpetrusek
Not sure if there is even anything like this, but I keep reading about how all these people are putting failsafes and whatnot on their cars/trucks to keep them from running off in the event of battery power loss or failed transmitter, etc. Is there such a failsafe that doesn't effect the throttle but the steering? Much like some of the waterski's that when you fall off/let go it just spins in circles? I keep reading about how the throttle failsafes aren't that great because they can cause issues/damage? Wouldn't this make more sense?
I have never heard about a throttle failsafe causeing damage to a car.

as for the failsafe effecting the steering... what would you rather have... a car that is not responding and sitting there with the brakes on, or a car stuck WOT going around in circles.
Old 05-29-2003, 05:20 PM

Default Re: Re: Failsafe Idea...

Originally posted by Unstable
I have never heard about a throttle failsafe causeing damage to a car.

as for the failsafe effecting the steering... what would you rather have... a car that is not responding and sitting there with the brakes on, or a car stuck WOT going around in circles.
well peeps all over that Official storm thread are saying stuff like it damges the throttle or something. MAybe I'm mis-reading it.

I suppose your right tho, I'd rather have the car sitting there rather then spin into a wall/another car/etc.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:25 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Failsafe Idea...

The issue being discussed in the storm thread is with respect to a throttle return spring as it is constantly applying pressure to the servo.
Old 05-29-2003, 11:48 PM

Default Failsafe Idea...

Originally posted by i8tweety
The issue being discussed in the storm thread is with respect to a throttle return spring as it is constantly applying pressure to the servo.
aha okay so I was wrong heh

nevermind then