Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Fitting clutch shoes

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 01:52 AM
HomeDawwg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fitting clutch shoes

Hey guys,

I have fitted 2 clutches onto two different nitro motors in my short time in this hobby.

Both times it took me quite some time, but got it eventually after much frustration.

Just wondering how you guys fit your cluch shoes, is there a special tool to hold the spring while you push it on? I used a flathead screwdriver to lever the spring against the crankshaft so i could push it over the nut (only way i could think of).

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Old 01-27-2009, 02:19 AM
calvino

Default RE: Fitting clutch shoes

i normally use a screwdriver (make shure you don't hit your finger.......) also needle nose pliers also help, there is no real "art" in my opinion, its just trial and error, you may want to bend a paperclip into a "J" shape and use that to help hook the part on, other than that, i can't think of anything else, i guess its one of those hard parts about the hobby [>:]
Old 01-28-2009, 05:36 AM
Smiff 24

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive heard this one works the best.
http://www.rcsuperstore.com/ProductD...A99168&click=2
Old 01-28-2009, 09:06 PM
HomeDawwg

After reading writing this thread i managed to find one (i got the kyosho one but its the same idea), not is aus though so it cost me a fair bit. Will be worth it though.

THanks for the help fella's