Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Need motor/ESC help as far as options

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Need motor/ESC help as far as options

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 07:37 PM
Mufasa_719

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need motor/ESC help as far as options

Like the thread states I need some help here.

Let it start this way...........I have an OFNA GTP(1/8 GT class) and I am looking for a motor and ESC to go with the brushless conversion on it. My pics are as follows..........

1) MMM 2200kv combo........hear the motor heats up real easy
2) Novak HV6.5............not sure if it has enough power
3) MMM ESC with a Medusa motor......?????

These are what I had in mind info and other suggestions are welcomed

I am looking to spend about $300 for the combo maybe a lil more if it would be worth it.
I would like to go with a NEU 1521 but if you know brushless you know why that is hard with $300 for a motor and ESC!

Thanks for all that help. This has been buggin me for a bit now.

Justin
Old 01-29-2009, 06:30 PM
evader8

Default RE: Need motor/ESC help as far as options

i would go with the mamba max or the mamba sidewinder. the max runs about 220 and the side winder is 140. imo the sidewinder is not strong enough for a 1/8 scale to get the power you want. check out the mamba max, for a 1/8 scale buggy i would go with the 7700 kv combo. here is the link for the mamba max

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXUTA7&P=ML
Old 01-29-2009, 07:29 PM
Access

ORIGINAL: Mufasa_719
1) MMM 2200kv combo........hear the motor heats up real easy
2) Novak HV6.5............not sure if it has enough power
3) MMM ESC with a Medusa motor......?????
Mamba monster max, with the 2200KV 'castle-neu' motor, the motor is far superior to any other commonly available and it doesn't heat up at all. I've never had it get above 140F. On 4s it runs below 120F. That's the one to get. I'm not sure where you heard it 'heats up real easy'. I get 50% better runtimes than my Novak HV, equivelent setup and all, if they are both tuned to go the same speed and with the same batteries on tough terrain. The Novak HV is the one that runs really hot.

I don't know about Medusa but honestly the castle-neu motor that comes with the MMM does the job really well. So why look elsewhere.

And avoid the MM for a 1/8th scale. The ESC might be okay, but putting a 7700KV motor (or any CM36 motor) in that buggy would mean it's underpowered and it would bake the motor. CM36's just aren't too great, Novak or any of the other common brands has far better motors for the cost.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:26 PM
Wild YFZ 450

Please.. whatever you do don't listen to corygrenzy ... That would burn up in a second.. I would also suggest the MMM combo or an MMM along with a Medusa....Both motors put out alot of power all depends on what voltage you will be running and etc..
Old 01-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Mufasa_719

access-Good to hear. I heard the heat problems on rcmonster. As far as the terrain The GTP is a 1/8 onroad, that uses a buggy set-up.

access/wild-need not worry I woulddnet dear run a CM36 in a 1/8. I have the MM 4600 in my slash.

I tryed to respond to cory last time but it says my session timed out

thanks guys Looks like the MMM is in order