Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

electric questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 08:55 PM
rhm-zooom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electric questions

Can anyone tell me if this would be a direct fit on the mamba? and the difference between sensored and sensorless and if this esc will work with sensored. Also anything you can tell me about them and the brand. Thank-You http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=RF&search3=Go
Old 01-28-2009, 09:24 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: electric questions

that should be a direct fit, it doesnt look like it would work with a sensored motor, i dont see a place for the sensor plug on the esc

check out this link, explains it in detail, i like the sensored better, its what we use in our system.

http://www.teamnovak.com/tech_info/b...ensorless.html
Old 01-28-2009, 10:09 PM
kuppler

i would go with this one.....i have one and its FAST....

Motor: http://server.sohouniverse.net/~himo...p?id=1283&=SID
ESC: http://server.sohouniverse.net/~himo...p?id=1284&=SID
Old 01-29-2009, 09:52 PM
rhm-zooom

Kuppler I would love to get that one, but I live in Canada and after duty, brokerage fees and currency exchange its just to much money. Im not buying from Tower im getting it locally for $120can which to me sounds like a great deal. So if anyone can can tell me if its a decent brand and if its suitable for the truggy and how much faster than stock it is. Eddie I read the article you linked to and its a little beyond me so if you or anyone can explain the differance between sensored and sensorless more simpley that would be great. Thanks Phil
Old 01-29-2009, 10:17 PM
airoscar

i wouldnt get that for 120 dollars.
i would get the himoto one from eddie i think its just way faster and cooler
ask eddie to use something else than UPS so you dont have to pay brokerage fee; just slower with USPS but they make you pay like 5 dollars brokerage fee and about 5 dollars for clearing custom still cheap.
other than that there are some sellers on ebay selling similiar ones to the himoto one for slightly cheaper price sometimes, and they are usually airmail from hong kong gets here in less than 6 bushiness days.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:25 PM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: rhm-zooom

Kuppler I would love to get that one, but I live in Canada and after duty, brokerage fees and currency exchange its just to much money. Im not buying from Tower im getting it locally for $120can which to me sounds like a great deal. So if anyone can can tell me if its a decent brand and if its suitable for the truggy and how much faster than stock it is. Eddie I read the article you linked to and its a little beyond me so if you or anyone can explain the differance between sensored and sensorless more simpley that would be great. Thanks Phil

Hi Phil,

Basically what it comes down to is that the sensored one is able to give the "information" to the esc quicker so it can apply the power as needed as where the sensorless one has to read it thru the power lines of the motor and its not the efficent like the sensored system. The sensored system has better response and in my opinion and others more usable power.

Oscar, i have seen those other systems and they are not the same as ours, most are sensorless, less amps and not the same quality, i am not saying that becuause i have the himoto setups but its really the truth.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:36 PM
rhm-zooom

WoW !!!! I guess I did understand more than I thought. Thanks Eddie, any opinion on the castle creation.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:39 PM
ehroof

Good, the Castle Creations is a good system, you would be happy with it.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:56 AM
rhm-zooom

Decission made, I did not get the castle set up. I'm just going to save a little bit longer and get the himoto one, I think it will be worth the extra $.Just the great support makes it worth it.
Eddie I will email you soon about shipping. Thanks everyone for your replies.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:00 AM
kuppler

RHM. ull be happy with the Himoto... and the support is one of the BEST......