Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

servo saver???

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 11:14 PM
1cougar1
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servo saver???

so im confused. what exactly is a servo saver. and what is it saving. cause to my knowledge. its the little piece that fits into the top of the bellcrank that has the spring inside of it. am i right or am i way off. cause ive seen adds that say servo saver and in the picture it looks just like the piece thats sold w/ a set of, lets say, GH racing aluminum bellcranks. but in the bellcrank add it doesnt say anything about a servo saver. i feel dumb asking this question. thanx, clay unruh
Old 01-28-2009, 11:33 PM
Shark413

Default RE: servo saver???

Hi, there are a couple of different kinds of servo savers but they perform the same function, they save your servo gears and/or servo arm from stripping. If you don't have a servo saver any force put on your front wheels (hitting a big hole, big air, crashes, etc.) will get transfered thru the steering linkage back to your steering servo. The force can strip your servo's internal gears or damage the servo motor. One type of servo saver works like you mentioned, it fits on top of the servo and when too much force is applied the spring in the servo saver gives and absorbs some of the force instead of sending all of it to your servo. This type is mainly used on 1/10 scale vehicles. There is another type more common on 1/8 scale vehicles but basically it performs the same purpose. Some servo savers sit on top of the servo and is actually part of the servo arm, another kind is part of the bellcranks.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:39 PM
1cougar1
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: servo saver???

thanx or the info. so in the more common 1/8 scale servo savers. you say there the ones built into the bellcranks. like on the losi 8ight?