Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

compatability between savage and e savage suspension components

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

compatability between savage and e savage suspension components

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 02:00 AM
taken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default compatability between savage and e savage suspension components

I am purchasing an E Savage, be arriving in the next few days. Having had a cpl other RC cars in the past, I know that the first part to go is usually the front suspension.

I understand that RPM has the toughest suspension arms in the business. What I had been told was they're arms will flex under impact, where a stock are will break. Aluminum is a good looking upgrade, but they will bend under impact.
This of course is other peoples info, not personal experience. I would appreciate hearing your experiences with different materials and brands.

The problem with these arms is that they don't have them for the e savage, just the savage. What is the difference between the arms on the savage vs the e savage? I know the savage is a slightly larger truck but I'm not sure larger in what way. If it's that they fit, but are longer, that would be a worthwhile upgrade, wider wheel base.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:17 AM
NitroVette

Default RE: compatability between savage and e savage suspension components

As far as I know the only parts that fit both the E-Savage and nitro Savages are the wheels. The E is more of a 1/10 scale platform. My son has an E-Savage and it's been a tough truck. I put the wheels off of my Savage 25 on his truck and it looks and handles great. One thing you'll want to have is a set of diff gears. The diff stub axle is the only thing he's broken so far and I waited weeks to get one. I kept the original stub that didn't break just in case. Do a Google search for the E-Savage, hop ups are out there but not as easy to find as the bigger savages. It's a fun truck, our first upgrade was a good radio and having adjustments like EPA, EXP, throttle curve, and dual rates really made it a much better truck all around.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:47 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Default RE: compatability between savage and e savage suspension components

Yes, that is correct, E Savage and Nitro Savage do not share ANY parts in common (except for some screws like Z569 and the wheels as Vette said). E-Savage and E-Zilla are 100% compatible, but neither E-Savage and E-Zilla compatible.

Now, the Savage Flux (Nitro Savage taht was made electric) is compatible with the Nitro Savages.