Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Gas motor temps

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 09:17 AM
Apache-Sven
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas motor temps

I finally got two large scale vehicles with gas powered motors, But I am unsure what temps they should be running at for performance. Both the Blackjack 55 and HPI 5T are equipped with spectrum technology which has the telemetry system installed which will help me tune these motors.
If these motors run like nitro motors I'd probably run them around 150-160 but if they are more like real car motors I'd be running them around the 210-220 temp.

Whats the consensus?
Old 02-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Apache-Sven

Default RE: Gas motor temps

seriously....no one knows anything about this topic?
Old 02-03-2009, 07:56 PM
pt121

Sorry Apache

I don't know enough about the gas powered versions to tell you anything. I've always run Nitro or Electric myself for the past 20+ years. 150-160 is kind of the low range for Nitro. Between 200-300 is more like it. It all depends on weather conditions and humidity and so forth. Ideally Nitro's run in the 230-270 range. As far as gas goes, I really couldn't tell you. I don't believe that it is as critical with gas as it is with Nitro engines.

Patrick
Old 02-06-2009, 06:44 PM
MadManAndrew

Try the large scale forums...
Old 02-06-2009, 09:38 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: Apache-Sven

I finally got two large scale vehicles with gas powered motors, But I am unsure what temps they should be running at for performance. Both the Blackjack 55 and HPI 5T are equipped with spectrum technology which has the telemetry system installed which will help me tune these motors.
If these motors run like nitro motors I'd probably run them around 150-160 but if they are more like real car motors I'd be running them around the 210-220 temp.

Whats the consensus?
Good question, ever since I got into gassers, I never put a temp gun to one, as long as the engines runs without a hitch and is in good tune, I know the engine isnt overheating or anything like that.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Apache-Sven

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Good question, ever since I got into gassers, I never put a temp gun to one, as long as the engines runs without a hitch and is in good tune, I know the engine isnt overheating or anything like that.
Guess I'll need to do some tests to show where the best temp is at and how to get it moving. I'll get a chart together as I do my testing.