Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Cabin Fever - Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Cheap Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cabin Fever - Suggestions

It's snowed consistently where I live for the past two months and I haven't had an opportunity to play with my cars. I bash a little in the basement, but with my 1/10 cars, the fun is limited. I spent the past few months upgrading my cars (spending a lot of money at the same time) and that still didn't do it for me. I waterproofed one of my cars and ran it in the snow a little, but unless I spend more money on paddle tires, it really isn't worth it. Basically I've been spending too much time in the RC forums just reading stuff to get my fix.

What do you guys do? I just bought a used little Losi Micro T to play with in the house. Think this will help? Are the micro/mini cars a decent substitute for 1/10's?
Old 02-01-2009, 09:48 AM
Matt_Gruizinga
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Cabin Fever - Suggestions

you don't have money for paddle tires but you bought a used micro-t? i would buy the paddle tires. for my 1/10 2wd truck they were only $25 shipped to my house for rears. other wise i think those micro-t are very dumb, the first thing you will want to do is tighten the diff and slipper!
Old 02-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Access

I got one of those mini-helis (blade MCX) and fly that during rainy days or such.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:02 AM
olkleaf

doesn't seem like a bad idea to me
Old 02-01-2009, 11:10 AM
au_wozza

Hi
Strip your car down to the last bolt,give all the parts to your missus,g/f,house mate ect.Get them to hide the parts all over the house,Then you go looking
should keep ya busy till spring
Cheers
Wozza
Old 02-01-2009, 11:20 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Access

I got one of those mini-helis (blade MCX) and fly that during rainy days or such.
I think that sounds like fun how much $ ?
Old 02-01-2009, 12:23 PM
SlashBasher
My Feedback: (8)

They are like $115 RTR $100 bind then fly.^^
Old 02-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Cheap Guy

ORIGINAL: Matt_Gruizinga

you don't have money for paddle tires but you bought a used micro-t? i would buy the paddle tires. for my 1/10 2wd truck they were only $25 shipped to my house for rears. other wise i think those micro-t are very dumb, the first thing you will want to do is tighten the diff and slipper!
I've got the money, just don't know if it's worth it. I hate snow, and I found out the hard way that running in cold weather isn't good for plastic parts. Oh yeah, I hate snow.

ORIGINAL: Access

I saw one of those at the lhs, but the price was a little steep. Still thinking about it tho.

ORIGINAL: au_wozza

Hi
Strip your car down to the last bolt,give all the parts to your missus,g/f,house mate ect.Get them to hide the parts all over the house,Then you go looking
should keep ya busy till spring
Cheers
Wozza
I said I bored, not masochistic. [X(] LOL

Seriously, are these little micro cars worth it? Are they fun? I didn't want to post in the Mini/Micro section because I wanted the 1/10 opinions.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Druss

I run my slash with paddles in the snow and it's actually quite fun. Like running in sand but cold.