Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

HPI Firestorm How To's

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 03:36 PM
kevinschneider22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI Firestorm How To's

Hey everyone, we should get a thread going for ALL of the "modifications" that you can and cant do on our Firestorms! Suggestions like suspension set up, motor swapping, gear swapping for more torque/ more speed, wheel options, what parts can be swaped over from other trucks to be used on our trucks etc. A thread like this could be used for dummies like myself and to also generate other ideas of things that we could do to our trucks. So let the Modification how too's start!
Old 02-09-2009, 03:40 PM
KyoshoFTW

Default RE: HPI Firestorm How To's

Good idea.... hopefully we get some posts .... i know that soon i will be getting the brushless sidewinder 5700 and esc combo
Old 02-10-2009, 07:30 PM
kevinschneider22

I think im going to start cut and pasting links from the "official E-Firestorm" thread!
Old 02-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Arigato

I have the e-firestorm flux. I took the 5700kv motor out and put a 4600kv in for my really tight backyard track. I'm running 5000mah 20c lipos (I have 4 of them). I put the HPI aluminum shocks with 40wt oil front and rear. I'm also running pro-line Gladiators for rear tires and proline straight edge in the front. I have my punch control at 50% and the power at normal. For wheels I'm running black HPI split 5's.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:57 PM
eaterofdog
My Feedback: (1)

Here are the guts of my E Firestorm 10T. I was originally just going to keep it stock as a play toy, but that didn't work out. I still need to install my Spektrum race servo and a smaller pinion.

I originally was using the 2S Zippy 4000mah lipo, but 3S is much faster and the gearing is much better.

Old 02-21-2009, 02:08 AM
kevinschneider22

Is the 10T (3900kv) motor pretty fast? Or how about the tourque and acceleration? Im looking into the ezrun motors. any issues?
Old 03-21-2009, 11:30 PM
kilimats

ORIGINAL: eaterofdog

Here are the guts of my E Firestorm 10T. I was originally just going to keep it stock as a play toy, but that didn't work out. I still need to install my Spektrum race servo and a smaller pinion.

I originally was using the 2S Zippy 4000mah lipo, but 3S is much faster and the gearing is much better.

I'm running 5200mah 24c SMC 2s lipo with my firestorm flux, it is BLAZING FAST !! why would you need more power ? its almost gonna fly if i push it
Old 03-21-2009, 11:44 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the kv of his motor is 3900 yours is 5700 so he needs more volts to get the same speed as yours....
Old 04-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Kodiac400

I have a great tip.

Make sure you go over all screws and put lock tight on any screws that screw into metal. Just because its new doesn't mean all nuts and bolts/screws are tight. This will save you headache later on. And always watch the meshing.