Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Help with ELDORADA

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 07:27 AM
ilanstylz
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with ELDORADA

Ok I'm new to RC's so bare with me..... I got the Himoto Eldorada for free from my cousin because he couldn't find the parts he needed to finish fixing the RC........... I found the sites and manual for the RC but I really can't tell what all is needed to get this RC up and running......

Here are a few pics of the Eldorada:

As far as I can tell I need these items:

06006 Transmission shaft 70MM*2PCS
02107 Clutch gear
02073 Servo unit
02070 Battery pack*1PC
06016 Servo link 2P
10234 1/10 truck body
02056 Throttle pull rod se
02017 Arms strengthen slice*2PCS
85754 Servo horn and throttle linkage set
Old 02-03-2009, 07:31 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Help with ELDORADA

From your pictures it looks like thats all except the obvious like fuel line.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:26 AM
kuppler

i found a few other parts.. i added to your list....i also got the links for you..... hope this helps out..

06006 Transmission shaft 70MM*2PCS - http://server.sohouniverse.net/~himo...&=SID#MOREINFO
02107 Clutch gear - http://server.sohouniverse.net/~himo...&=SID#MOREINFO
02073 Servo unit - http://server.sohouniverse.net/~himo...&=SID#MOREINFO
02070 Battery pack*1PC - http://server.sohouniverse.net/~himo...&=SID#MOREINFO
06016 Servo link 2P - http://server.sohouniverse.net/~himo...&=SID#MOREINFO
10234 1/10 truck body - http://server.sohouniverse.net/~himo...&=SID#MOREINFO
02056 Throttle pull rod se - http://server.sohouniverse.net/~himo...&=SID#MOREINFO
02017 Arms strengthen slice*2PCS - http://server.sohouniverse.net/~himo...&=SID#MOREINFO
02028 Air filter W/ Sponge 1pc - http://server.sohouniverse.net/~himo...&=SID#MOREINFO
08016 Cam shaft*1 - http://server.sohouniverse.net/~himo...&=SID#MOREINFO

Old 02-03-2009, 12:12 PM
ilanstylz

Kuppler and Himotoracing thanks alot, I'll be ordering all the parts at the end of the week (gotta wait for payday ;-) lol )....... Hopefully I'll have this car up and running by next week...........
Old 02-03-2009, 03:14 PM
jpilkinton

Don't look like he drove it much.
I wish I had a cousin that would give me Himoto RC's!
They would be my favorite cousin..
Old 02-03-2009, 06:21 PM
ehroof

me too, I wish i had a family member who would give me rc's
Old 02-03-2009, 09:19 PM
ilanstylz

LOL believe it or not hes the one that got me into RC's, and he actually gave me two for free.... The Himoto shown in first post and a Associated TC3, both needed parts to fix them but the cost to fix both cars is gonna run me less then 100 ;-) lol

I currently own after 3 weeks of starting out in RC's:

Himoto Eldorada
AE TC3
RC10GT with CF Chassis
RC10GT with Tube Chassis
Old 02-03-2009, 09:22 PM
ehroof

nitro tc3 or electric?
Old 02-03-2009, 09:45 PM
ilanstylz

Oh sorry its the NTC3 so nitro...........

I'll probably be picking up an electric car from my co-workers husband.......... I'm just waiting to see what model it is and what scale...... It's gonna come with three bodies whole bunch of spare tires and parts all for 60 bucks lol, yeah I guess you can say I'm addicted..........
Old 02-03-2009, 09:58 PM
ilanstylz

Oh and another thin, would it be to much power to addthe SH.28 P3 engine into this RC???? Or would that be going overboard for what this truck can handle?
Old 02-04-2009, 12:33 AM
7M

ORIGINAL: ilanstylz

Oh and another thin, would it be to much power to addthe SH.28 P3 engine into this RC???? Or would that be going overboard for what this truck can handle?
Theres no problem with adding too much power to the Eldorada (or Volcano in my case). Some may say it will strip the gars or fry up the gears but not through my experience. Ive been running a .21 8-port in my Volcano for a year, and and the gears held up fine (running a 52T direct drive tranny and 12T clutch bell). Lots of people are running big blocks in their Eldorada's with no problems, just make sure your gear mesh is spot on.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:43 AM
kuppler

ORIGINAL: 7M

Theres no problem with adding too much power to the Eldorada (or Volcano in my case). Some may say it will strip the gars or fry up the gears but not through my experience. Ive been running a .21 8-port in my Volcano for a year, and and the gears held up fine (running a 52T direct drive tranny and 12T clutch bell). Lots of people are running big blocks in their Eldorada's with no problems, just make sure your gear mesh is spot on.

Nice.... can we get some video or pics of ur .21 8-port Volcano..??
Old 02-04-2009, 12:44 AM
Redharris

If you want to run a Big Block in the Eldorad or Viper, then be aware......
The Direct Drive Tranny (XXXXX edit: Syclone tranny) is much Less Likely to Strip than the STOCK tranny....
If you use the Stock tranny, then be careful about Grabbing a Fast Handful of throttle.
ESPECIALLY on Landing a Jump.....And make sure the Slipper clutch is properly adjusted......

Video Pleeeze....
Old 02-04-2009, 08:55 AM
ehroof

the trans is from the syclone, 05126 and you would need a 13 tooth cluch bell to make up for the larger tires, cb13t.

The mamba/tsunami trans is way to high geared for the tires.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:57 AM
ehroof

Oh sorry its the NTC3 so nitro...........

I'll probably be picking up an electric car from my co-workers husband.......... I'm just waiting to see what model it is and what scale...... It's gonna come with three bodies whole bunch of spare tires and parts all for 60 bucks lol, yeah I guess you can say I'm addicted..........

i run a ntc3+, its a good track car with alot of adjustments for the suspension.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60252.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	1127246   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs59587.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	1127247  
Old 02-04-2009, 04:47 PM
7M

ORIGINAL: kuppler

Nice.... can we get some video or pics of ur .21 8-port Volcano..??
Here's a rare example of how crazy you can get with an Eldorada, it's my truck by the way. The possibilities are endless.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:06 PM
ehroof

my buddy rcdanny here on the forums put a hyper .21 in his eldorada and its insane. Only ploblem is that with the stock trans, it will rip up spur gears like crazy. I put a losi .26ss in my buddy mamba (basically the same as the eldorada) and its insane, totally insane. I have a video up on your tube with it. Its also running the 1/8 himoto tuned pipe too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQy-7qEgr2k
Old 02-04-2009, 05:28 PM
7M

ORIGINAL: HimotoRacingUSA

my buddy rcdanny here on the forums put a hyper .21 in his eldorada and its insane. Only ploblem is that with the stock trans, it will rip up spur gears like crazy. I put a losi .26ss in my buddy mamba (basically the same as the eldorada) and its insane, totally insane. I have a video up on your tube with it. Its also running the 1/8 himoto tuned pipe too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQy-7qEgr2k
Rcdanny's Eldorada was actually the inspiration to my Frankenstein of a truck. It is true about the gears ripping apart, so i switched to the Savage 52T direct drive. And cool video, my truck acted very similar to it, until i added the bigger tires.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:36 PM
ehroof

i installed an aluminum wheelie bar on it now so it will wheelie up the block, it will keep up with my very not stock jato 3.3 also.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:47 PM
7M

I keep up with Savages and T-Maxx's all the time. Im often called a poser cause I have a Redcat with Savage suspension, wheels and tires. [:@]
Old 02-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Redharris

I keep up with Savages and T-Maxx's all the time. Im often called a poser cause I have a Redcat with Savage suspension, wheels and tires. [:@]

I Love It!....
Modding is what RC is All About,,,,,for Me anyway.....
Nice Job, 7m!!!
Old 02-04-2009, 10:25 PM
ilanstylz

NIIIIIICCCCCCEEEEEEEE RC's everyone, I'll take pictures of mine once I have all the parts necessary and up and running........... It probably be a few months before I upgrade the Himoto because right now im concentrating on my associated RC's............ But once I do start work on the Himoto I'm def. gonna upgrade the engine and lots more so I'll make sure to post pics and videos of before and after upgrades............
Old 02-12-2009, 12:14 AM
ilanstylz

Ok I finally got the parts in I ordered but I'm still missing a few pieces........ what size bearing do I need to put in the clutch bell that goes on the inside and outside???? Also for those who own the eldorada if you could take pictures of how you have the throttle servo hooked up to the tran and engine at different angles, that would help alot.......... sorry to say but the manuals I dl'd off himoto main site sucks...........

I have the throttle servo already I just need the top part which I believe is called the servo horn, does anyone have the exact part number of the one I need? And from 7M's picture I see he has a spring from the engine to the throttle servo, do I need one of those as well?

Does anyone have a better manual for the eldorada then the one given on their main site? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated, and as many pictures of your eldorada with no body will be a bigger plus... Thank You

I believe I need the servo throttle horn, the screws to mount the engine, the ball or flanged bearings for the clutch bell and eclip, the spring from the engine to servo, and the screw and nut that holds the front right steerin assembly should be all I need to complete the setup...........
Old 02-12-2009, 03:01 PM
ilanstylz

bump, any help please, thank you
Old 02-12-2009, 03:11 PM
ehroof

That manual has an exploded view, you sould be able to get most of your parts off that but:

the throttle/brake setup(horn) includes the springs and arm: 02056
bearings for clutch bell(5x10x4): 02139
02096, 02093, 02083 screws should get you going.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.