Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

weird Traxxas radio glitching

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 05:56 PM
yahman1254
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird Traxxas radio glitching

my traxxas tq 27mhz radio is having some serious issues. when i move over 20 feet away from the car, it starts glitching. the weird thing is that it isnt random glitching, it only makes the car stall backwards. i dont know what to do... the antenna isnt touching the motor and its a new system.

any possible solutions?

has anyone seen this before?
Old 02-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Argess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: weird Traxxas radio glitching

OK...two things....#1...what do you mean when you say "it only makes the car stall backwards".

#2 When it works fine close up, but as you move away problems come up...that tells me the radio signal is getting weak compared to the ambient noise. What can cause this electrical noise? Metal-to-metal contact for one. When a nitro engine is running, many mechanical parts vibrate. Metal servo gears can do this as well 9especially if it's a steering servo and there was a crash). If the vibrating parts are metal, such as servo brake rods through a brake rod hoop, electrical noise is generated and as the radio signal gets weaker (as you get further away), glitches start. So....look for metal rubbing on metal and add heatshrink, or whatever to cure this.

Another reason for #2 is a bad antenna. Make sure your receiver and transmitter ant are OK.

Yet another reason is low batteries.

Tell us more, and maybe we can help narrow it down.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:10 PM
yahman1254

k well first off, i mean that it isnt typical glitching that makes everything go randomly crazy. the glitching only makes the car stall in reverse.

second, there is no metal on metal because the rx antenna is shrink wrapped.

also, it does all this even if the car is not moving

how can i see if the antenna is broken?
Old 02-03-2009, 06:46 PM
DaveG55

Stalling in reverse sounds more like a linkage/carb idle adjustment than a radio issue.

Second the radio antenna does not have to be touching anything. Metal to metal contact can be anywhere on the rc because it makes radio frequency noise that the antena will pick up.

Loss of signal at distance can be a bad antenna (either tx or rx), bad/weak batteries (also tx or rx), a poor wiring connection somewhere, damaged x-tals or even powerlines running overhead/underground.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:52 PM
yahman1254

its an electric so the idle thing isnt a deal. i do have the battery/esc cable running over the antenna. lme try to move it and see if theres a difference.

EDIT: no difference. i think it just may be a broken rx antenna.